Chapter 22: Friends with a Demon Lord?!

Milim officially declared that she would abide in Tempest. While... I have quantities of groundwork to do. First, what will Carrion and the other Demon Lord's stance about this? who knows it might differ you know?

Especially, Clayman, there is no way they won't take precautions now that we have a promising force. But foremost, let's make sure no one would mess with Milim. She made a promise to me beforehand, but I cannot really rely on Milim's words. Her temper is like a wooden stick. If it's Gobta and Gabil it would be fine, but what about the damages it would cause?

I have called the executives in the central plaza. Rigurd and the others prepared a podium for our speech. In my front were the executives of this place and a lot of crowds gathered in front of us. Rigurd called the townsfolk one after another. At least, 20% of the population was now listening to our speech. I think this is enough, with this number they can spread the info to others.

Milim and I stood side by side in the podium with a microphone Vesta had recreated.

"Erm, I know this is sudden. But this is Milim she will start living with us today. Please treat her with respect."

"Milim Nava-noda!"

And of course, her overwhelming power that created her reputation as the Tyrant of Destruction drove the turbulent fervency of the crowd. You can see Rigurd crying in tears among the crowd.

"Is it really her? The Demon Lord Milim-sama, on flesh?"

That's the gist of their inquiries.

"Greetings! I am Demon Lord Milim Nava, I will be livin' with all of you starting today, let's get along!"

As she exclaimed in the mic that she just nabbed away from my hands. The whole central plaza burst in an uproar. Oh yeah, for these monsters these could be possibly interpreted as "Milim now was protecting them." "Milim was now an ally."

"If you need anything you can count on me!" As she declared that the uproar rises again to an unexpected level.

I totally get them, having a Demon Lord powderkeg kamikazee at your pier is really reassuring. I mean, I told this earlier what kind of fool would start a war with a Demon Lord more to it is starting a war versus a Catastrophe Class Demon Lord such as Milim.

"Wait you're a Catastrophe Class too, right?"

Oh, she just heard my pointless mumblings.

Note: Another note cause because people are gonna say this is another plothole. Rimuru's rank is Unrankable but Milim and Rimuru just accepted it just as a "Catastrophe".

"Well at least, I don't want something upsetting as prompt adversaries targeting me so for now I don't want to declare that."

At least, Milim said that in a low voice that nobody heard.

"Then let's leave it at that! but swear to me someday you'll hook yourself into the Demon Lord council. You are amazing, with your abilities you can kick any Demon Lord from their seats."

"I promise, I promise. Then would you also swear that you'll back my seat?"

"I promise. It's normal to support your friend right?" She asked with a slight ruddiness.

I shrug then one question from the crowd stands up.

"Are Lord Rimuru and Lady Milim friends with each other?"

On that question, Milim fidgets a bit. My eyebrows furrowed outwards, I don't know what Milim is gonna say so I'll say myself.

"We are best friends. Everyone we are like um besties."