Chapter 36: True Deity's Heart

Following Dagon's bizarre strike. Gard Myormiles invited Rimuru and the Children to a hostess bar. The Butterflies of the Night hostess Rimuru attended in Dwargon was similar to the one they were to visit. Elves don't exist, but beggars can't choose, either. It remains a sophisticated hostess bar that is solely accessible to rich Merchants. The kids and I had the pleasure to be here due to Myormiles-kun.

The establishment was exclusively ours. The kids eat as much as they can since they are all food slobs, therefore they can. Myormiles and I indulged in hedonistic drinking while talking about the company.After getting into the business. Myormiles' eyes widened in shock as I proposed that he join as the executive financial manager of our rising Kingdom. Taking care of Tempest's entire financial condition was... not much, but it was something only Myormiles was able to accomplish with such speed and precision.

I immediately made him that offer, but I won't prohibit him from running his own independent business in my Kingdom. I just ask that our finance manager act right away since Tempest will soon rule the market.

Due to some kind of Carrion's edict, Tempest had been trading with Dwargon for a variety of items, now that he hasn't sent any envoys, our kingdom is currently solely trading with Dwargon. But considering that Beast scouts were free to wander around our city when I was there, I can see that Tempest and Euzarania will eventually have some type of relationship.

I'm not sure when it will happen, but I know it will. As a result, I will need to be prepared for economic dominance and lean on civic professionals as consultants so that I may succeed without suffering any negative consequences. Economic dominance is a two-edged sword. If a large firm that supports a nation fails, so will the nation it supports. Therefore, entrepreneurship in our situation Kingdom's general business will have long-term effects on a large number of individuals that it affected. So that the nations we will be aiding may develop as well, I must ensure that our Kingdom doesn't collapse.

I need highly skilled people like Myormiles, a talent in his industry, to do it. I told him all of it. He weighed it while placing his hands on his chin.

"This is too much to ask of a Merchant, you know... I'm a veteran businessman, and I can assure you that this narrative is true. Business is considerably more than just making money. The relationship between the business owner and the client is one of mutual benefit. Over time, individuals rely more on businesses rather than the businesses rely on people."

"I know that, but, right now Tempest products are beloved by Merchants including you. I cannot stop its growth therefore I just gotta deal with it somehow."

"Somehow, huh?"

"It's only a hypothetical future for now..."

It didn't matter to Myormiles whether it was hypothetical or not. What he sees is the probability that this hypothetical future will actually occur. Myormiles considered the issue and came to the conclusion that the possibility of the hypothetical future was quite high.

"But, that's why I am here. Despite meeting me the first time you have entrusted me with this role."

"It's based on trust, yes."

"I see, it is really meant that people with power have the responsibility to protect those who don't."

I was surprised when it came out of his mouth. But, that is the ideology I based on my leadership.

"And that's why... I need talents like you to prosper. My goals are simple, I want to build a world where everyone can live in comfort. Myormiles, please lend me your strength."