Chapter 29: A Warning From Luminous Valentine

That went off without a hitch. I anticipated them to be a little apprehensive. I suppose my subordinates have greater faith in me this time. So we made our way to the human lands with these three (Ellen, Kaval, and Gildo). We've made it through the bulk of the forest, and with enough ripening monster activity, we can say that most of our journey was uneventful. Every few kilometers, we may rest at secure spots built by Ogres, who even provided us with exquisite lodgings. There are also remote villages in the forest that have made acquaintances with our very amicable Ogres. Villages that do not want our protection, we are well aware that we will not impose our protection on them, but they are more welcome in our monster kingdom.

And, as we navigate through those villages, we hear a lot of tales about Champion Youm and his gang. He's well suited for the task— since he exudes an aroma that we can't get anywhere else. So Youm is now a stand-up champion, and they are allotted a spot in our kingdom to conduct their clandestine operations. 

They have easily reached the ears of farther regions with the new arms and equipment we have wrenched out of them. He appears to be more popular than ever.

Meanwhile, I have nothing to be concerned about. We have Shizu-san, as well as an early summoning of Diablo. The Farmus kingdom is nothing, with Shizu-san and Diablo in addition to our garrison. While, I can sit back, relax, and lose myself in the Ingrassia.

Let's get back to our traveling, shall we? 

With a beautiful smile on her face, Ellen is leading the charge. She's undoubtedly calm now that monster activity has subsided over Jura. Fortunately for Ellen and her band, I have guided them through the Jura forest. Every day, my administration straightened up the perilous forests where explorers risked their lives. Now, the woods of monsters which is the Jura forest is all in the past now.

"Please keep your guard at all times, if you don't want to die that is..."

Shizu-san's solemn words repeated in my head. No way, what could go wrong. I have Ranga by my side, Souei is under my shadow and God Ciel is on my side. 

[Report: Danger levels are off charts.]

What!!!? What do you mean?

On second consideration, Ciel-sensei stated something in such a contemptuous tone to me. It led me to believe that it was another of Ciel's jokes.

You know that's mean. I thought I might have a heart attack right there. I don't have one though...

Unfortunately, as I gathered my thoughts, I noticed Kaval strangely racing towards us as a gigantic monster boar pursued him.

"Is Kaval getting chased around?" Asked Ellen 

"Oh, right he is," Gildo answered.

"Wait this isn't the time for this!!"

Kaval shouted from afar a word.

"RUN!"

He said as he was getting chased.

"Go go! Rimuru-san let's go!"

Ellen pulled me along, turning me into prey for the beast. It made me run my feet

"...Wait what the heck? why am running with you guys..?!"

While running, I yell. I turned around and face the ferocious beast. When the boar charged and leaped at me from a certain distance, its body shattered into pieces.

"A-amazing..."

Ellen stared in awe.

It's actually rather easy; when I use my perception increase, it doesn't even appear to be moving. During that time, I rigged small yet lethal threads entangled with tree trunks and branches. When the boar came into ambiguous contact with the strings, as a result, it splintered the monster into pieces.