Chapter 38: Chronoa's Memories

Tempest is in trouble, it was something Shizu-san couldn't fix alone. 

I can sniff its bloodshed from afar. I must hurry. According to Ciel, just like last time, there are things that history repeats. And, much worse this time.

Unfortunately, I got a report right away, according to Ciel. More casualties were reported from the Tempest side, and the barriers evoked to Tempest were more conspicuous than usually. But because of Shizu-san's Unique Ability, Envy, she was the only one sucking up all the souls, which may be catastrophic for us depending on the context. Shizu-san was absorbing all of the mana around her, which indicates... She is ingesting every dead person's soul. As a result, if I cannot possess someone's soul, I cannot resurrect them. I need to hastily polish things here.

We go further through the labyrinth of the Ramiris as we travel more quickly than usual. The labyrinth's deepest region is where we first noticed it; a single magical road leads from there via the altar to the end of the labyrinth.

"So, you need to say anything that intrigues the spirits. Say "Let's play" or "Pray" and do whatever you want... Now then, what type of spirits will we get to see today~"

Ramiris said that while cheering for us.

"Let's do the Almighty Spirit later, okay?"

She stroked a pose, wishing us a bit of good luck.

I just nodded and consolidated with the children.

The kids were a little worried about what may happen to them, but everything turned out alright. The spirit's summoning took place just as it did the last time.

They felt uneasy but, I one by one escorted them so they can feel that I am beside them.

Gale was the first one, after we reach the altar he said something to me.

"Rimuru sensei, if something ever happens to me. Please look over them."

"Gale-kun, don't worry. If things don't go as planned, I'll go and abduct a strong demon from the underworld if necessary."

"You don't have to go that far."

"No, I am dead serious. Now, go pray to your heart's content. I'm sure spirits love children with a pure heart."

After my statement, Gale nodded and started praying.

Little non-sentient spirits did appear like last time but, things inside me are not the same.

[Improve Quality?]

Ciel said something out of nowhere, and here we go again with Ciel-sensei's mischievous hobby of altering and improving things.

Improve Quality?

I ask in my head, and Ciel-sensei just answers me with a tone that is yelling it is a child's play for her.

[Due to the evolution of analytical skills the rate of construction of a suitable spirit for the children has also improved.]

What does it mean?

[It means, I can optimize a more suitable spirit for the children.]

Is there a need for such a thing?

[...]

Now you shut up, you just wanted to try things don't you?

Well, at least you are optimistic I can give you that. Very well, if you think it will help us later on do it Ciel-sensei.

[Thank you very much]

My right hand was under the control of Ciel-sensei, who absorbed each and every spirit element Gale had conjured.