Chapter 44: A Superior Being

Using their spatial teleportation, we were instantly transported to the capital of Tempest Rimuru. I came to a complete halt, and my body began to tremble in panic. Because, we sense something we cannot comprehend. A power that is too great for the likes that even all countries combined will not stand a chance against him. I gaze up into the sky and see things I've never seen or dreamed of before. Their very presence was enough for me to place them well above the Demon Lord's Disaster Class. But who is it? There are only two Catastrophic creatures on the Demon Lord Council, and the less polite one is the one I see in the sky. He is... The very first and most powerful Demon Lord. Even spelling out his name frightens me.

Why are they here? I thought to myself.

This is sudden but a very dangerous situation.

I look beside me.

The other executives with me are grinding their teeth and clumping their weaponry.

"Oi oi oi... you know who that guy is right? I think it is not a good idea to fight them."

I suggested.

"We know that..! even though we are a battle species, we were not that stupid to fight that monstrosity above..! However, we sense great hostility..!"

Hakurou declared.

No way... Guy Crimson... if he decided to obliterate Tempest. He means everyone including the inhabitants of Tempest. In the history books, his moves are always absolute and his decisions always come true. Because there is no being in this world that could stop him if decided to destroy something it always comes true. It means, this country Tempest... is done for..!

"Here they come..!"

Two figures from the sky descended to the ground introducing themselves.

The redhead was unmistakably that entity. While... The little white-haired girl was... More significantly, everyone in Tempests understood my terror. It would be nice if we could keep things calm, but Hakurou and the others detected a strong bloodlust from Guy Crimson; we don't know what enraged him.

Guy and his companion landed on the central plaza of Tempest.

"What's up..?"

Guy muttered.

"I couldn't detect my brother or the Dragon Factor that we were looking for. It was a long way away, not on Tempest. There's a spark of Dragon Factor somewhere in this world."

His companion answered.

"So Demon Lord Rimuru and that Dragon factor were not related. Anyway, let's keep things rolling. Yo, I demand a higher-up from this place."

Guy Crimson shouted and Hakurou dashed in to politely welcome them.

"I am one of the executives of Tempest under Demon Lord Rimuru. How may I help you?"

"Hoh, how polite of you. Perhaps I can change my mind about destroying this place."

Guy paused for a moment and hysterically laugh.

"Kahahahaha! I'm kidding, the moment I stepped foot on this place. Its fate was already set in stone."

"What..?"

Hakurou and Guy are intently looking at each other.

"I don't have to give you all the specifics, do I? This place was exclusively to blame for all of the trouble in the world. So I decided to destroy it."

"Surely you jest."

"Kahaha do not fret, I've seen many talents in this town that surpassed even powerful Devils. Therefore, instead of wasting your talents by killing you. Instead, I am gonna recruit you to my army. You, powerful guys, will now serve me."