002

//

you were confused.

why are you in stormterrors lair? when it said 'would you like to continue' you assumed it was just another quest.

you didn't want to move an inch, isn't this place supposed to be infested with ruin guards and abyss mages?

you were in a small crater, it's as though you descended to teyvat like a meteorite.

you laid on the dirt and stared into the sky. you saw celestia, and dragonspine on the other side. it was dark, and you could see the moon. the stars of teyvat looked more real than ever. the air was cold, but it didn't make a difference.

you couldn't be bothered to live or die anyway. it would only hurt for a second or so. everything is only temporary. existing was irrelevant in the first place anyway.

teyvat is brutal. with the archons and the abyss, and the possible fall of all order, is this really what i want?

//

it was the crack at dawn when you heard them.

three or so people running towards you. you sat up and looked at them.

they all had blonde hair, although one looked older.

you quickly came to the realisation it was jean barbara and lumine- the traveler.

they all paled and started to sweat. lumine the most. she took a step back and bowed.

❝ thank you for descending into teyvat and gracing us with your presence, your excellency. ❞

you responded, ❝ do you need something from me? ❞

❝ ..you seem confused, ❞ jean started, ❝ you are the divine creator who created teyvat and celestia and guided us. ❞

you blinked and thought about it for second. hypothetically, if you had downloaded the game and installed it. does that mean through the hours it took to install, teyvat was being created and the archon war took place?

it wouldn't be all to far-fetched to say you were the creator if that was the case.

❝ uhm, yes? ❞

❝ may we escort you to mondstadt then, your highness? ❞ lumine asked politely, ❝ i'm sure it would be much more suitable than here. many dangerous creatures roam this area. ❞.

walking back next to barbara, you wanted to know if you'd ever miss your home.

she was trembling as though she was frightened of your presence. and when she made the courage to make eye contact, you smiled at her and she looked as though she might just faint.

//

the monsters around your were strangely passive. instead of hillichurls doing their strange cult dances and chanting strange curses, it was dead silent.

they stared silently. observing. they spared no looks at the traveller, or the two sisters, only interested in you. no one dared to speak.

as the sky faded from crimson to light, and the stars faded, some part of you began to accept teyvat as your own.