011

//

you were visiting liyue, when it happened.

it was a few days before lantern rite, and everyone was excited and preparing.

you were leaning against the metal railing, eagerly looking out onto liyue, until a thought crossed your mind.

wouldn't the view look even better from the jade chamber?

and so, you made your way to the millilith guarding the transport to the jade chamber.

they didn't even ask for a passcode, they merely stepped aside and bowed.

//

once you were at the top, you dangled your legs over the edge. it was lucky that you were alone, normally people wouldn't let you go so close to the edge because of the risk.

ah- the risk.

just as you were about to get up, you were very rudely shoved right off the jade chamber.

by whom? you had not known, you were facing outwards, viewing liyue harbour, the person had pushed you off from behind.

ninguang? please let it be ninguang. i can rest in peace knowing i had to have been murdered by someone that attractive..!!

500 feet? 700? doesn't matter, you were falling, and fast. it's be seconds before you collided with the floor, which would be messy, and painful.

❝ celestia, or destiny... or any deity capable of saving me; please hear my calls! i can't die just yet.. ❞, you called out into the night sky.

you reached the ground. you expected it to be empty and cold when you died, but it felt nothing of the sort.

the feeling in you was strange. a chorus of fear and excitement coursing though your veins. we're you excited about dying? yes.

there was gold all around you. glittering specs of it. and liquid blood of silver spilled from around what should be your corpse.

but you're not dead?..

you were covered in bruises and scratches, and bleeding heavily, of liquid silver. but you couldn't feel a thing, and your wounds were closing rapidly, and faster by the second.

how peculiar.

you were, supposedly. supposed to be dead. but no, you were alive, sitting in the cold night of liyue harbour. people started to gather around you, calling for others to try help you.

as though you were shot with a dose of heavy adrenaline, you rushed past everyone and back to the jade chamber.

that's right.

you were going to do it again.

//

falling felt amazing.

people are scared of heights. because they're afraid of falling. because they're afraid of death, or pain.

but you felt none of that, but the pure excitement of falling. it was fun- surprisingly.

like bungee jumping without the safety.

it was like gliding; the cold air hit your skin perfectly, it made you feel alive.

until.. that is, you were snatched up into someone's arms halfway.

how rude.

//

a boy, shorter than you were, an adeptus and yaksha.

xiao?

yes, indeed. holding you in his arms.

holy fucking shit.

❝ you really shouldn't pull stunts like that, your excellency. you may end up hurt. ❞

❝ oh, it's fine. i did it just a second ago. ❞

keep in mind, you're still falling 500 feet from the jade chamber.