035

━━━━━━━━━

fuck teyvat for not creating cars.

here you were, walking on foot all the way from mondstadt to sumeru. wtf.

your sumpter beast decided that it wanted a frog in the river and fell down a waterfall.

luckily you ran into lumine.

"[y/n]?"

"lumine? you're going to sumeru too?"

"paimon too!!", paimon cut in, "we heard around that her brother has been seen around sumeru's borders, so we've come to check it out."

"why didn't you tell me lumine? if its on the topic of your brother, i would've liked to come along you know.. i did promise you i would help you find him."

lumine smiled wearily. she didn't want to worry you since you were already going to sumeru, lumine didn't want to spoil your first time there.

only thing is, she took this route cause she wasn't expecting you to go on foot, meaning you would have went on another track. meaning she was not expecting to run into you.

"aha, don't worry your pretty head on it.," she giggled, "anyway, why are you travelling on foot? wouldn't you have wanted to take a sumpter beast?"

"mine fell down a waterfall and died."

she looked very surpised but didn't ask any questions.

"would you like to travel with me then?" she offered.

"absolutely."

━━━━━━━━━

"they used to offer akasha terminals, but after nahida stepped in, they've been banned."

"i suppose its for the best but.. man it would have been cool to have all that knowledge easily accessible."

"true! paimon thought it was really cool. anyway, that cool thingy up there is the akedemia, but we're going to the grand bazar to see if we can get any information on her brother."

sumeru was much more lively than all of the cities you had visited combined. there were many enticing aromas and stalls with lines of queues. but what really caught your eye was the audience of people watching a performance.

considering you were the creator, people did stop a bit and make a quick bow, but continued with their day just as quickly. they're a bit distrustful with gods now. lol.

you recognised the red hair and elegant dance immediately.

"it's nilou!" paimon exclaimed so fucking loudly you wanted to swat her midair.

the three of you ran up to the theatre stage to have a closer look.

nilou noticed you in the crowd, but kept her performing face on and continued her performance just as perfect as she had before.

she ended the dance with a graceful bow and after the surrounding cross had cleared out she walked off of stage to greet you.

"oh! your holiness, the traveller and paimon!"

"it's nice to meet you in person, nilou. you truly are very talented and skilled at what you do."

(you really do got that ultimate rizz. you keep collecting mfs like pokemon cards bro)

she flushed and giggled, "aw, you flatter me too much."

lumine cleared her throat uncomfortably.

"uh, so back to the topic on hand. when will the nahida be here?"

"i'm here!", nahida walked in.

"good morning, your holiness." nahida greeted you, "traveller, about the sightings of your brother.."

"yes?"

"we do not believe we are a target of the abyss as of the moment. but we sumeru owes you a huge favour, and this is the least we can do for you."

you and lumine nodded your heads and asked her to continue.

"your brother seems to be going to the same place every night, seeming to be looking or expecting for something to happen. at first we were worried but we managed to make civil conversation and found out he was not there for bad reasons."

"aether.. what reason could you possibly have for doing something like that?" lumine whispered to herself.

"if all goes as expected, he will return to the same place tonight."

"the abyss however is not a force to be reckoned with, however. so cyno, deyha, and possibly al haitham will be on standby not too far away. of anything goes wrong, signal it to them and they'll come to help."

"oh, that is good to hear. this time we won't have to fight abyss monsters almost completely alone."

"oh, and.. your excellency?"

"yeah?"

"so i heard from the balladeer that he kidnapped you. so while he was resting with me i had him write an apology letter to you."

she handed you a folded up piece of paper.

to, your excellency / [y/n]

sorry for kidnapping you. that was not a very good resolve to get what i wanted or whatever. my bad, won't happen again

— the balladeer

you could clearly tell that there was little to no effort put in and he only did it cause nahida made him. oh well.