004

why does everyone keep calling me 'your excellency?' ❞, you questioned. you were honoured, but it wasn't something very usual.

❝ are you not happy with the title? i'm sure we can quickly chang- ❞

❝ it's alright, but i'm not used to it. normally people just call me by my own name. ❞

in his mind, barbaros was wondering who would have enough authority or friendship with you to to that. unless they really weren't from teyvat at all.

❝ speaking of which, does anyone actually know my name? ❞

❝ only the traveller. they claimed it was sacred and shouldn't be spoken of. ❞

❝ oh. well my name is [y/n]. you can call me by my own name- it's not sacred or anything. ❞

he looked as though he had completed life at that moment.

❝ thank you your excell- [y/n]! ❞

//

the two of you entered dawn winery, as venti wanted to show you his favourite parts of mondstadt.

as venti was practically inhaling all of the dandelion wine he had bought with his now-empty-wallet, (he'd have to live on apples for the next few days...) you saw diluc.

man did the game playing graphics do him dirty. he didn't have such an off-centred face, and his hair looked less... tomato-ish. and he had a sharper jawline. but then again.. his hair could've really done with a brush.

kaeya and rosaria were in the corner, except the both of them were too black out drunk like everyone else at the tavern to notice you were there.

less attention was good, and refreshing.

❝ are you going to drink anything, your excellency? ❞

❝ probably not. never tried. ❞

❝ would you like to? ❞ he offered, sliding a glass towards you.

❝ uh... no thank you. thank you for offering though. ❞

❝ if the bard is bothering you, your excellency, please tell me. ❞ diluc declared to you.

in return you laughed and reassured him that that was indeed not the case.

❝ may i get a glass of.. grape juice please? ❞

diluc smiled and poured a glass.

to be fair, it was really noisy there. venti threw up in the corner and you took that as a que to leave.