047

You felt yourself wake up the Chasm. The wet floor, the faint glowing of crystals felt all to familiar.

'A place where no one will find us.'

No one would look for anyone in the Chasm. It's been abandoned for too long. You seemed to be in one of the deepest parts. Too many have died in the Chasm, even those as strong as the Yaksha.

You started to hear voices echoing in a tunnel. The place had always been to eerie for your liking. So many people had lost their minds, lives, or family in here. And you were going to lose your divinity.

"Don't you realise it? You're cursed too. By ridding [Y/N] of their curse, it's better for everyone. And us, together, we can bring khaenri'ah back to it's former glory!"

"I can't. [Y/N] is means too much to me.. to betray them like this." you heard Lumine's voice. You had too much to lose, she had so much to gain.

"Lumine. It was always us, destined for greatness. Won't you walk this path with me?"

"Aether- this is.. this is madness! You can't do this! You don't understand what you're doing. Have you not seen what happens when ordinary people use divine knowledge?"

"You're the only one I can trust with this. only together can we shoulder divine knowledge. If we split it, then surely. Together, we are strong enough."

Lumine felt as though there were two sides of her ripping apart. But she knew what she needed to do.

"Lumine- please." you begged her, your voice bouncing off of the walls of the space. No, no. Not her, anyone but her. The one person you promised to stay with. The only one you felt as though you could trust to walk your journey with you.

Perhaps this is the end of yours, and only the beginning of hers.