007

the events from last night were draining. so you woke up at 10:00 am the next day, perhaps even more tired than you had been before, all the adrenaline from meeting the characters had kept you hyper.

you requested to meet sangonomiya kokomi, normal people wouldn't be able to have the pleasure of meeting her, but being what teyvat considered a being higher than god, to say that gave you much privilege.

you always admired her in-game. lore wise, she isn't supposedly supposedly to stand out when it comes to actual fighting ( apart from the very existence of critkomi ) when it came to healing she was tanked.

in addition, she was a divine priestess, and the leader of a rebellion against the raiden shogun's vision hunt decree. even if she hadn't stood a chance against the shogun herself, she was still admirable.

so since you were in inazuma, you requested to meet her.

•••

you entered the gates of watatsumi island's priestesses paradise.

inside the pearly gates, it was tranquil and gentle- in contrast to inazuma's usual raging storms and dangers.

how else did you get the 'wrath of the gods' achievement?'

as kokomi gracefully descended the stairs, accompanied by a maiden, you realised just how beautiful her eyes were. not in a creepy way, just now nice they were. in your world, there weren't people with blue eyes with pink in them.

every move she made was flawless, similar to the time you met ayaka.

her hair was silky smooth, you wondered if genshin characters used conditioner and what brand it could've been.

snapping out of your thoughts, kokomi spoke up,

❝ good afternoon, your excellency. ❞ kokomi bowed with skill,

that's weird i swear that was her title

❝ is there something you need to tell me? i'd be happy to oblige with whatever command you have to give me. ❞

❝ no; i'm more or less here just to talk to you. considering you're a priestess, you probably don't get much freetime. ❞

to be fair, you were absolutely right. she literally had to cancel about six meetings just to
clear out her whole schedule for the day, so she could talk longer with you if you wanted to. her energy levels were low, she barely had any time to prepare, but followed the steps in her mind mentally to prepare for your meeting.

it wasn't often she got a break. even after the decree was lifted, there were many matters and contracts to attend to. reports to overview and act in accordingly, more guides and rules to oversee.

❝ ah, alright i see then, ❞ she said, with a smile, ❝ shall we take a stroll around these ground then? i can show you around, your grace. ❞

❝ i'd love too! it'd be a shame not to enjoy the views anyway, it's a lovely day today. ❞

and so the two of you accompanied each other as you walked around the place., making small talk, while you were in awe about everything she had to say.

you ended talking about expectation and achievements. her difficulties and how she overcame them. she really was a smart person. her decisions were always thoroughly thought through, and her day was always planned. she had created a solution for every possible problem that could occur. every single outcome.

you could only imagine the pressure she had to face growing up, by blood she was always fated to become the divine priestess, thus by will or not.

you were introduced to some shrine maidens, some masked, some not.

by the end of the walk, she turned to you,

❝ any questions you'd like to ask, your grace? ❞

❝.. yes, where can i meet gorou ❞

❝ i can organise a way for you to meet general gorou as soon as tomorrow if you wish, your grace. ❞

❝ -that's great, but there's something else i have been wanting to ask. ❞

kokomi wasn't prepared for what you were to ask next.

❝ you seem tired, you're clearly not alright. i see that you haven't been sleeping enough lately, which can be bad for both your mental and physical health, ❞ you clarified,

❝ ... you should take more care of yourself and rest, not just for the sake of your people needing a healthy priestess, but for yourself. ❞

❝ if that's what you think is best, than i will act on it. i apologise if i seemed like i wasn't myself today. ❞

❝ please don't apologise, i know you're a busy person with many matters on your hands that you can't control, so being concerned for your well-being is the least i can do for you. ❞

continuing on, you added- ❝.. say, can i walk you back to your secret place? it's a lot closer than the shrine, and there's less of a chance we'll be interrupted by people. ❞

to be fair, you wouldn't be interrupted in the first place, since no one would dare interrupt you as the creator, but it was still valid.

kokomi stood surprised, ❝ h-how do you know about it? no one but the traveller knows...? ❞

❝ in a way, she was like a vessel, a way to convey myself into this world in the time of my absence. i was her guide, and in return, she was partly a body for me to interact with the people through. ❞

suddenly embarrassed about how differently she had reacted around the traveller than the creator, and that the creator knew many things because of this, she averted her eyes and flushed red.

she had no idea she had actually been talking to the creator in the time she thought she had been taking to a completely different person.

•••

the secret place was peaceful, somewhere where kokomi could get away and rest to regain her energy.

you were reading to her one of the volumes she had created about how to ration food when in war.

"water is important, and you have to make sure not to use too much when..."

she began to look drowsy, while muttering some battle strategies to herself in an attempt to stay awake.

she fell asleep quickly, but it's a good thing she didn't have anything scheduled.

cancelling the meetings was worth it in the end.