027

A/N : can everyone just hope that i get c6 kazuha on his next rerun and c6 heizou cause i lost my 50/50 and didn't even get a single heizou

i hope he appears next raiden rerun so i can get both of them

anyway, who're you guys wishing for :D the sumeru characters, orrrr

//

you always wanted to meet yoimiya. after hearing she was the one who made the fireworks for your arrival festival, you felt even more indebted.

sure.. mona told you not to trust anyone- but she didn't look that great either! majorie told you before that she was a 'bit out of it'.

and yoimiya is harmless right? she couldn't hurt anyone.

❝ yoimiya! i heard you were the one who made the fireworks for the festival held in my honour. ❞

❝ oh- your excellency! did you like them? i spent a lot of time convincing the tenryou commission that it wasn't a safety hazard, i hope it paid off in the end. ❞

❝ it did, you're very talented. ❞

❝ well: if you'd like to see more, i have made a new batch of sparklers to show off to the kids, you can come join us? ❞

❝ ah, i'd love to! ❞

you two walked to the coast together making small talk. she told you about the kids in the city, her life, and the fireworks. she said her stories with passion, there was something endearing about the way she told you about them. she explained every detail and you listened to every bit.

❝ sorry if i talk too much, it must be really annoying.. it's just you know, my pops is deaf, so it's really hard to have conversations like this with him. i don't really have many people to talk to sometimes. the kids and elderly are fun, but it's not the same. when i strike up conversation, it sometimes lasts hours.. but with you, it could last years... ❞

❝ i don't mind at all, it's cute, actually. ❞

❝ really? a lot of people say i'm overbearing or irritating. ❞

she looked slightly flustered, but very happy.

you arrived at the coast not too long after, and the children were there too. yoimiya handed them the sparklers and lit them using her vision; they had their fun while also being carefully supervised.

you had to step in and stop one of the girls from lighting your clothes on fire.

yoimiya showed you a few stunts, and later brought out some actual fireworks.

the group of you stood far, far away as yoimiya took her bow and shot them with pyro infused arrows, watching them explode and do their cool firework shit. what a nice way to end your trip to inazuma.

vibrant sparks of indigo, vermillion, emerald lit up the evening sky. the patterns were mesmerising, and although they were nice to look at, yoimiya found herself looking more at you than the fireworks.

afterwards, the children ran off back to their homes and you and yoimiya were left alone.

❝ thank you, this has been a wonderful experience. ❞ you spoke up and you were about to walk back to the city.

❝ are you going so soon? ❞ she frowned. she looked weirdly dejected for someone who'd you'd just met. ❝ i was hoping we could just stay here for longer.. ❞

it sounded like a nice idea, you two sitting on the sandy coast with the sound of the tides crashing. but you couldn't, you really couldn't.

❝ i have to go back soon, the boat going back to liyue harbour is going to arrive not too long from now. ❞

bitterly she retorted, ❝ do you have to leave inazuma? ❞

why couldn't you just stay longer with her? 'inazuma is better now without all the decrees, better than those other low quality regions anyway' she thought to herself. she just got to meet you, but now she has to let you go? was she not entertaining enough? what if you never come back?

her fireworks can make eternity for those who are reminded of it every year in inazuma, once they see the brilliant lights once again. but those outside of its coast can easily forget or be forgotten. those who leave inazuma were rarely ever seen again, and she's still not quite sure if she can handle that again.

she can only hope that you plan to visit next year.

❝ huh? ❞ you were kind of taken aback.

❝ nevermind.. bye. ❞ she said bluntly, and walked away.

the traveller was to pick you up from liyue harbour after the boat took you back from inazuma city.

the boat was to arrive at midnight, wasn't it? but wouldn't it be a shame if.. it didn't even reach the docks? say, what if it just happened to explode?

//