{thirty-four}

A couple of nights later, Harry and Niko went out to dinner with Louis and Liz at a restaurant right on the ocean. They could hear the waves and feel the salty breeze from it right from their table as they sat on the patio.

"We have some news to tell you," Harry told the two of them as he smiled over at Niko.

"I think we already know what it is," Liz said, nudging Louis as a wide smile turned up her lips.

"No. You guys already know we got engaged," Harry said, waving it off and Niko's head snapped to look at Harry oddly.

"Louis helped me pick out the ring. Of course he was going to tell Liz about it," Harry told her with a smile.

"Oh, okay. I was going to say, 'that was a little rude'," Niko laughed, shaking her head at him.

"No," Harry snickered.

"Congratulations, by the way," Liz said with a little laugh.

"Thank you," Niko giggled.

"Let me see the ring," she urged and Niko immediately held her hand out to show her the massive diamond on her hand.

"Holy shit. Good job, Styles," Liz chuckled, looking up at Harry.

"Thanks," he said through a smile.

"Okay. So what is this other news?" Louis asked, looking confused as he stared at the two of them.

Harry looked over at Niko again and smiled. She gave him a small nod to proceed with the information and Harry focused on Louis and Liz again.

"We're having a baby," Harry said excitedly with a wide smile.

"What? No way! You're pregnant?" Louis asked, looking more than a little surprised.

"She is," Harry confirmed.

"Oh my gosh. Congratulations!" Liz cheered, standing up to quickly pulling Niko into a hug.

"Thank you so much," Niko said, looking over to see Harry and Louis hugging too.

A moment later, both Liz and Louis crossed around the table so that Louis could hug Niko and so Liz could hug Harry.

It was so good to be back in Louis and Liz's company. Niko knew Harry missed Louis a lot when they were apart. But Louis chose to build a life in California to be near his son Freddie, who was now a teenager at thirteen.

So with Louis living on the west coast and Harry on the east, it seemed like they were apart more often than not. Harry's old family summer vacations in California had a lot to do with spending time with Louis. Niko was sad he hadn't gotten a chance to go for two years — which gave her another reason to feel grateful for their trip.

"So, when did you find out?" Liz asked Niko curiously once they were all seated again.

"Two days ago. I was gaining weight and feeling really self-conscious about it. And then Harry kind of just blurted out that he thought I was pregnant. And then it kind of all just clicked. So he took me to the doctor you suggested to him to get checked out and sure enough... voilà," Niko explained happily.

"You told me she thought she had a urinary tract infection," Liz laughed, pointing her finger at Harry. He let out a laugh and shrugged his shoulders, causing them all to laugh.

"I'm so happy for you. That's so amazing," Liz said, smiling at them.

"It really is," Niko agreed, feeling absolutely ecstatic that her life was a complete contrast to what it was for the past two years. Everything seemed to be falling into place for her and Harry.