{twenty-eight}

Over an hour later, Harry walked into the master bedroom wearing a nice linen suit, looking dapper as hell. But Niko could barely enjoy it because she was having an absolute meltdown.

"None of these dresses fit me, Harry," she whined, looking at the dresses she brought that were sprawled across the bed.

"What do you mean?" He asked, furrowing his brow in concern.

"I tried on all of them and none of them fit anymore," she told him with a scoff.

"Well, that's okay, baby. We'll buy you some new ones tomorrow," he told her, trying to remedy the situation.

"That's not the point," she whined, looking over at him with sad eyes as she stood in just a bra and panties.

"What is the point?" He asked, looking at her confused.

"I'm getting fat," she stated evenly, slumping her shoulders.

"Nikola. You're joking, right?" He asked, eyeing her body.

"Obviously I'm not. I don't fit into any of these," she whined, picking up the worthless fabric of the four dresses she brought with.

"You are not fat, Niko Banks. Nor will you ever be," he said, taking the dresses from her hands.

"What about this one?" He asked, picking up a floral sundress that was on the bed. It was made for going to the beach, not for dinner.

"That's too casual. Look at what you're wearing," she told him.

"I'll change. It's as simple as that," he said quickly.

"I wanted this to be romantic," she whined again.

"Niko, it will be. It's me and you — our first night in California," Harry told her with a happy smile.

"Yeah," she agreed with a sigh. He was so sweet even when she was being a petulant child.

"You know what's significant about your first night in California?" He asked, smirking devilishly at her.

"What?" She asked, eyeing him with a frown on her face.

"It was the first time you ever pleasured yourself to the thought of me," he said, chuckling darkly.

"Oh my god! Shut up!" She laughed, smacking him lightly on the arm, "I can't believe you just brought that up."

"What? So hot," he laughed, wrapping his arms around her.

"Get out of here," she giggled, trying to push him away.

"What are you so embarrassed about? That's so hot, baby," he cooed as he leaned in, kissing up her neck.

"I just... I just am," she giggled, feeling her whole face heat with blush. That seemed like so long ago, almost like she was a different person back then.

"Well, tonight, Miss Banks, I'll make it worth your while. We'll make new memories of our first night in California," he said happily, smiling contently at her.

"Promise?" She asked, melting into his arms.

"Oh, I promise," he told her with a wide smile.

"Okay, okay. Get out of here. I've got to get ready," Niko giggled, playfully pushing him away again.

"I love you, baby," he said as he made his way out of the room.

"You better!" She giggled.

Luckily, the sundress fit and Niko was finally ready to hit the town with the love of her life. Harry changed into slacks and a nice shirt instead of the suit he had on, which made Niko feel so much better.