{twenty-four}

Niko went home with Harry that night, but the kids weren't there. Harry's mother, Anne, and her boyfriend, Daniel, had just arrived in the States that morning and the kids were with them at the house they rented near Harry's. It seemed a bit convenient that the kids weren't home — that they weren't able to talk to them about their relationship.

But Niko shoved that thought far, far back in her mind. It was actually really great that Harry's mom was visiting. Harry was pretty excited about it and it was a side of him Niko really liked. Mama's boy.

There were quite a lot of perks with having Harry's family there watching the kids, like they had his whole house all to themselves — even Patty had the week off and was out of town visiting her own family. It would have been absolutely perfect if she had the week off from her internship, but alas, some adulting had to be done.

"Will you stay here with me this week?" Harry asked sweetly once they walked into the foyer, hand-in-hand.

"I have to work," she reminded him, jutting out her bottom lip. She would have truly loved to stay with him the whole week — pure unadulterated domesticated bliss with one another. But it wasn't that easy.

"The commute?" He asked, seeming to understand.

"Yes. Ugh. I want to stay — I really do. But..." she told him, her words trailing off as she bit her lip. She hated seeing the disappointment on his face.

"What if we stayed a few days here and the rest at your place? We never get to stay at your place," Harry offered, coming up with a happy compromise. A wide smile formed on her face.

"I'd love that," she told him before reaching up to kiss him.

"I love you," he countered, wrapping his arms around her.

...

Peaceful bliss. Two words to describe the first two days of Niko and Harry's stay together. They went out to dinner both evenings and spent the nights in bed together. It was almost like they were a newlywed couple on their honeymoon, especially with the amount of time they spent ravishing one another.

Niko couldn't seem to get enough of him. With the two year time gap and the first horrible fight they just went through, Niko felt the need to be as close to him as she could. There was no need to waste anymore time.

"Good morning," Harry yawned as he sat up in the bed and stretched his arms over his head.

"Morning," Niko murmured.

"So, I was thinking..." Harry said, rubbing his hand across Niko's naked back before he leaned down to kiss her shoulder as she laid, eyes closed, with her head on the pillow.

"Hmm," she hummed, not bothering to open her tired eyes.

"We should go visit the kids," he offered, causing Niko's eyes to automatically shoot open.

Was he serious? He wanted to bring her to visit his mom?

"Are you serious?" She asked, sitting up on her elbow to look at him.

"I'm quite serious. I was thinking maybe we could tell my mum first then work our way to telling the kids," Harry suggested, smiling at her.

"Are you sure? I-I want this, but I want to make sure you do too," she explained, looking at him hopefully.

"Of course I do, love. I do. I want you. Forever," he assured her.

"I love you so much, Harry," she cooed as she wrapped her naked body around him, kissing him over and over.