2

Warnings:
-Throwing up (twice/skippable)
-Passing out/severe allergic reaction

Clay's POV

I walked down the stairs after a really rough night. After unknowingly eating something with milk in it, I threw up about five times at night and had such bad cramps that I couldn't sleep. I loved my dairy allergy...

I was still really bloated when I grabbed a bowl to make myself some fully dairy free oatmeal with an apple and dairy free milk in the fridge. I couldn't have many tasty things because A LOT of things included dairy if you payed attention to it because of a stupid allergy.

Luckily there were a lot of products that usually included diary, but they made it in a way that it didn't actually include the thing I was allergic to. I had no idea how it worked but so far I never had an allergic reaction to dairy free milk.

I sat at the table, slowly taking a few bites of the oatmeal as I realised it tasted a bit different than usually. I stood up immediately after I swallowed and walked to the kitchen, grabbing the milk I put into my bowl with oatmeal.

'SHIT!' I cursed as I slammed the door shut after I realise I just ate a few bites of oatmeal with normal milk...

'What's wrong?' I heard my mother's voice out of nowhere. I turned around and sighed deeply.

'I thought we only had dairy free milk, but it appears that we didn't. I accidentally had some normal milk and my stomach was already upset from yesterday...'

'You need to look first!' she scoffed.

'Why would you buy normal milk in the first place?' I yelled at her. 'You know I'm allergic to that shit, if there's one single drop of milk anywhere in my food, I'll just throw up all day.'

'I needed it to bake a pancake for your dad,' she answered sadly. 'Sit down. I'm calling the school that you can't come today.'

I nodded slowly as I felt a bad stomach ache come up already. I sat down on the couch and laid down, pulling my knees up in the hope the allergic reaction would pass without throwing up this time.

My dairy allergy became worse and worse with the years. It started with some itching and stomach aches, but recently I had been throwing up multiple times, had such bad cramps that I had diarrhea for hours to days and sometimes it was so bad that I fainted.

I started feeling short of breath and my skin was itchy, having really bad cramps again. I whined softly and swallowed which made me realise my throat felt thick.

'Mom,' I whispered. 'Help me.'

She didn't hear me and I could feel the nausea getting worse. I knew I was going to throw up, but I had nothing left in me anymore after a whole night full of throwing up.

'Mom!' I tried again since I knew I was going to throw up within now and a few minutes.

She was still on the phone, waiting for the principal to pick up. She was holding a bucket and put it down next to the couch, walking off again since he picked up.

⚠️ Throwing up

I grabbed the bucket and held it on the couch in between my legs, leaning over it while I panted softly from the breathless feeling in my tight chest.

I gave up fighting against the nausea and relaxed my muscles as much as I could. It only took me a few more seconds to throw up, which hurt me a lot because I had nothing in my stomach next to the few bites of cereal with the stupid milk. Bile came up, stinging in my throat and making me gag really loudly.

I had a choking sensation and coughed really loudly after spitting out the gross taste in my mouth, curling up again because I had so incredibly much pain in my stomach.

⚠️ Over

My mother ran into the room again and held up two pills which I needed to take when I had an allergic reaction. 'I'm too nauseous, I will throw up the pills.'

'Take them after a few minutes,' she nodded as she sat down next to me. 'I'll put the milk away because it was stupid to buy that when I never buy it. I'll use dairy free milk for dad too.'

'Thank you,' I mumbled. 'My throat feels thick...'

'Stay calm, do you want me to call an ambulance?'

I shook my head slowly. 'I'm lightheaded... I think my blood pressure dropped. I might pass out.'

'You sound really breathless, Clay. I can call an ambulance if you need one. Your face is swollen.'

⚠️ Throwing up

I couldn't answer and gagged loudly because I had to throw up again. Nothing came out because I was so empty and I kept gagging, choking because I didn't have any air. Eventually just some bile came out again and I laid down, grabbing the pills my mother was holding.

⚠️ Over

I swallowed them quickly and closed my eyes. 'I'm really lightheaded, mom,' I whispered, hitching my breath after that. 'I'm going to pass out...'

I couldn't answer or hear my mother's next words and my chin fell onto my chest, passing out because of an extreme blood pressure drop. It wasn't uncommon, so I would wake up soon.

~~~

I woke up after a few minutes and sat up slowly, having bad cramps in my stomach. My parents sat next to the couch and someone held a cold washcloth on my forehead since I was very sweaty.

'How are you?' my father asked calmly.

'I'm okay...' I mumbled, looking around me. 'Did I pass out again?'

He nodded. 'You did. I measured your blood pressure and it dropped extremely low. It's going up again and the medication is starting to work, I think. You're staying home today and we threw out the milk immediately. I think you don't want to eat now, but I can prepare you something that your stomach can deal with.'

'Not now, but thank you,' I answered with a soft smile. 'I'm going to sleep for a little while if that's okay. Can I stay here or do you want me to go upstairs?'

'Mom is going to work soon, but I took a day off to be with you. I don't mind at all, stay here for your safety. I'm going to eat something, but call me whenever you don't feel well.'

'Okay... thanks dad.'

1086 words