4

Warnings:
-None

Clay's POV

I spent the rest of the day on the couch, eventually eating a boiled egg and some vegetables, a few potatoes and meat. Later that evening I had a sandwich to make my stomach feel calm let again. I had been extremely bloated all day, but it was finally getting a tiny bit less now.

I was exhausted that evening and noticed the cramps started coming back. I sat up slowly and looked at my father who was sitting on the other couch with the newspaper in his hands.

'Dad, my stomach hurts again... did I have dairy in something?'

He shook his head. 'You haven't had any dairy, not even a food product that may possibly contain any dairy. Maybe this is a second reaction, you had that before.'

I nodded slowly, but I doubted it. I had such bad cramps that I didn't know if this was just from the milk again.

I started to feel worse as the evening progressed and eventually I stood up because I really needed to use the toilet. I didn't know if this was actually from the previous dairy. I hoped it was, but I never had such a bad reaction for the second time.

I spent minutes at the toilet, sobbing softly because I had such bad cramps. I didn't even eat anything with dairy and still had these extreme pains...

When I was done, I flushed the toilet and washed my hands, going back to the living room with an upset face.

'I have so much pain...' I whispered, feeling a tear roll down my face from sadness. 'Are you sure I didn't eat any diary?'

'I'm sure you didn't have any diary,' my dad answered. 'I checked literally everything and I cleaned all the spoons to make sure there was any dairy on them anymore.'

'I have really bad cramps again, I don't think this is just from the dairy... am I allergic to something else?'

My dad shrugged. 'I'm not sure if you are, but we might need to go to the hospital to test if you're allergic to anything next to dairy,' he suggested. 'You had eggs... but that's so long ago. And a sandwich? Gluten allergy?'

I sighed softly. 'We can check it ourselves, maybe?'

'No, I'd like you to go to the hospital for that. You have bad stomach aches every single day and I think you're allergic to way more than just dairy. Maybe you can try to sleep now, because you look exhausted.'

I nodded. 'I will, I'm going to my room. Can I get a bucket out of the bathroom to make sure I have something to throw up in?'

'Of course, get the blue one. I cleaned that one extra well today,' my father answered, standing up to walk closer to me.

'Did you touch or have any dairy?' I asked before he came close to me? Because I'll get an allergic reaction to it.'

'I don't think I did, but I won't touch you to make sure,' he smiled. 'Goodnight!'

'Goodnight, dad. Mom! I'm going to sleep!' I yelled to her. She was standing in the kitchen to prepare something for tomorrow. Probably my food since it needed to be prepared when there wasn't any dairy near.

'Goodnight, hope you sleep well today.'

I nodded slowly. 'You too.'

I walked to the door and slowly went up the stairs, going into the bathroom to get a bucket for myself. I just wished this pain would finally be over, I was constantly in pain the whole day long. I even took medication for the allergic reaction, I couldn't have gotten another one.

I breathed out, laid down in my bed with the bucket next to my bed. I was genuinely so tired that I fell asleep within minutes.

~~~

After waking up four times at night, throwing up one time and running to the toilet three times, I woke up in the morning. I was exhausted and rolled to my side with a soft sigh.

'Mom...' I mumbled. I felt so exhausted from this night that I didn't even know if I could stand up right now.

My mother heard me and I heard her footsteps coming closer to me. She walked into my room and smiled softly, kneeling down. Luckily, she was with me when I threw up, but she wasn't here when I constantly ran to the toilet.

'Are you okay?' she asked, running her hand through my hair. 'I showered so I'm sure I don't have any dairy on my hands.'

I nodded slowly. 'I feel so tired and weak. I had diarrhea three times at night after I threw up and I'm completely empty, but my stomach is still cramping...'

'I'm going to get you a heating pat. I'll call the school that you might come later if your stomach will calm down again. Otherwise I'll let you stay at home for another day, because I don't want to risk you throwing up in class.'

'I don't want to feel this sick anymore,' I whispered. 'I'm very sad.'

'It's okay, sweetie,' she shushed me, massaging my head. 'Your eyes are a bit puffy. I think you had a bad allergic reaction to something you had on your hands too.'

'Gluten? The sandwich, maybe. I held that with my bare hands and I washed them later that evening, but maybe not well enough.'

'Okay, I think you washed your hands a lot at night?'

I nodded. 'But not with soap because my hands get very itchy from soap.'

'Are you allergic to soap too?' she exclaimed. 'Maybe you need to do a test to see what you're allergic to because you also have hay fever.'

'I'm just messed up... Why am I just allergic to everything?' I whispered. 'I also get these red spots when I'm in the sun for too long.'

She nodded. 'Okay, we can call the hospital to see what you're allergic to and what not,' she suggested. 'But I'll let you rest for now. Do you want to come downstairs with me? Dad is going to work today and I'm staying home with you.'

'I will come downstairs, but I think I'm going to the bathroom first.'

She helped me get up and I went to the bathroom. I didn't have diarrhea anymore which made me happy and I went downstairs with my mother once I was done. She laid me down on the couch, gave me a heating pad and a cup of soup. I was glad she was taking care of me, but I just didn't want to eat anymore...

I always had pain and just wanted it to stop...

1119 words