6| The light in the darkest places

❀♡✦————✦♡❀

❀♡✦————✦♡❀

MELINA THOUGHT THAT being back in the bayou. In her home would be great and fun but it was boring. They rarely met any other wolfs so it was just her and her grandma. She found her grandma's phone and got out the little book Hayley gave her if she ever needed to call any of them

The little hybrid searched for one name in particular. Kol. She wanted someone to talk to or to take her out to play with. Sure her grandma could but it soon got boring since her grandma only watched her.

The lime rang a few times before she heard his voice.

"Hello who is this?"

"Hey it's me Melina" Melina answered as she sit down on the bench near the lake.

"Hey how did you even get my number and what's wrong darling" He asked her at first joyfully then with worry on why would she call him.

"Hayley gave it to me and also I was bored" Complained Melina as she told the original boy.

"Well I would love to go to the bayou and play with you but we are kinda busy here but don't worry as soon as we are free I'll come visit" Kol told her and she smiled.

"Okay tell Klaus and Hayley I said Hi" she says and hangs up bringing the phone back to Mary.

The weekend was uneventful for Melina unlike with the Mikealsons she was bored out of her mind. Unlike most of the kids her age she didn't have many people to play with. And half of the population of the bayou lived too far from her grandma's cottage and she didn't allow her to be alone again. Not after what happened when she was 4.

She was picking flowers that she would later on give Hayley and the others. They were some orange ones some red poppy's and she beautiful yellow dahlias. The colorful bouquet was resting in her hand as she made her way back to Mary.

Her hybrid sense picked up Hayley's scent and she imediatly ran back with her full speed but being careful not to damage the flowers. When she was close enough she could hear her grandma arguing with Hayley.

"Mary please Klaus is her friend. And as weird as it sounds she deserves a goodbye considering he's most likely walking into a certain death" Hayley said trying tp reason with the old lady. With the last words said Melina gasped which got the attention of the both women. Mary wasn't pleased that her granddaughter snuck out again.

"Melina why did you sneak out again what if history repeated itself" she scolded the young hybrid who just looked at the ground sheepishly.

"I was extremely bored so I went and picked some flowers for Hayley and the others" Melina explained and Mary hugged her. The older hybrid smiled when she saw the flowers.

"Okay she can go" Mary agreed and Hayley lead her to the car.

"Okay Melina I need to tell you something okay and it's not easy news" Hayley started which only got the younger hybrid even more worried. "You remember a before the weekend when you and Kol met. We tried giving your blood to a friend of ours because she affected by Lucien's bite. Well he's dead but another guy has it now and he bit Kol and Elijah.The same man also wants Klaus dead so I wanted you to say goodbye at least to Klaus we don't might have a way to save the others"Hayley told her and the girl started tearing up. Sure she'd only known them for a little while but she grew closer to them and they were kind to her after she got out.