17| I want my sister back

《: ̗̀➛    ꕥ    

: ̗̀➛    ꕥ     .ೃ࿐

HAYLEY RAN INTO Jackson's arms not waiting a second. The moment they hugged she started crying. And not just for her but for him, for Mary, for Melina, for all of those who mourned him and those who felt complete emptiness when the vampires killed him.

"When you died I thought that I was the one responsible" She said and Melina had to wipe a tear away. She didn't want to cry in front of her brother, she wasn't a kid.

"It was never your fault Hayley I knew what I was getting into"Jackson told her and she pulled him closer. To inhale his scent and make sure he was real. And he was, he was standing right there in front of her.

"I missed you so much Jack" She told him.

"I missed you too Hayley" While Melina watched the still married couple hug. She decided to leave the two alone and head home.

*•.¸♡ 🅜🅔🅛🅘🅝🅐 ♡¸.•*

"KLAUS" HAYLEY SAID walking down the stairs to meet Klaus in the compound who's about to go out.

"I know that look, you need something. Whatever it is, it can wait. I'm off to talk to Marcel" Klaus said turning away.

"Hayley's right you need to talk about Hope's future" Melina told him seriously.

"She's seven. We're her parents, Hope will go where we go"Klaus explained quickly clearly in a hurry.

"Klaus, we need to have a very real conversation about what's best for her" Hayley keeps telling him.

"Yes, there are a couple of conversations that need to happen, but we're late" Je said and left. Melina went upstairs to go check on Hope she's been feeling a bit of guilt for not spending that much time with her sister as she used to, but then again things were a lot different then they used to.

"Hey, Hope, drawing something?" She asked Hope who was sitting on her bed a pencils and paper in front of her.

"Yes" Hope answered in a monotone voice.

"What's that supposed to be? A snowstorm? So... now that all this trouble's behind us, I thought that we could have a chat about what happens next. I know that you want to have a normal life with friends and school and art and sports and I would gladly give it to you since I didn't have it... Hey. You okay?" Melina asked seeing as Hope wasn't responding or showing any kind of emotion.

"I'm fine"

"Hope, if you're worried about the Hollow, don't be okay. Everything's okay now, I promise" Melina told her but Hope still didn't lift her head from her drawing.

"Can I go back to my drawing?" She asked and looked at her older sister for the first time since she came into the room

"Sure, yeah"Melina frowned confused at her behavior but nodded and went to find Freya.