12|Trouble with the brother

I skipped the episode bag of Cobras because I couldn't fit Melina into it.

《☾        ✦✿✦        ☾

HOPE WANTED TO SEE what was in the attic but Melina wouldn't let her go in there alone so they made a compromise and she went with her. With Kol out getting something. Probably dinner. Thought Melina.

"A man of words and not of deeds, is like a garden full of weeds. And when the weeds begin to crawl, it's like a bird upon the wall. And when the bird away does fly, it's like an eagle in the sky." Hope begin to read from the book of nursery rimes.

"And when the sky begins to roar, it's like a lion at the door. And when the door begins to crack... it's like a stick across your back. And when your back begins to smart, it's like a knife inside your heart. And when your heart begins to bleed, you're dead and dead and dead indeed." Melina joins her and they both finish it.

"Not exactly the most uplifting reading material"Klaus says announcing his presence at the door.

"It's an old book of rhymes me and Melina found. There's a lot of weird stuff here"Hope says.

"You know, Hope, I'd rather you didn't play here, actually. All the splinters and the dust... and the bats" Klaus says but Melina looks at with the questioning look when he mentioned the bats.

"There aren't any bats"Melina and Hope say at the same time with their hands crossed over their chest. You wouldn't believe that they aren't related by blood.

"I've seen no evidence that your Uncle Elijah doesn't sleep here, hanging upside down" Klaus teases his daughters.

"Dad... was there a little boy who used to live here?"Hope asks her dad.

"Come along, sweetheart. We can discuss ancient history another time" They leave and there is a name carved into the side of the chest. Marcellus.

After Klaus lead the his daughters out of the attic, Melina found company with Hayley who was sorting out some stuff. She liked organizing things. It gave a strange sense of that everything was perfectly in it's place.

"You're hosting a yard sale?" Klaus says as he walks in. Both of their hybrids lift up their head from the stuff they were doing at the same time.

"I just figured while we're stuck here, I may as well work out which stuff to keep and which to donate and Melina was bored so she's helping me, plus some of it belongs to the crescent's so it's her heritage"Explains Hayley.

"Listen, I found Hope exploring the rubbish in the attic. She's restless"

"She's not restless. She's bored. Most kids her age would be at school. They'd have friends to play with. Look don't know a lot about that stuff but I know I wanted it when I was her age" Melina explains and whispers. "More than anything"