Chapter 1 - Jake's POV

"Wake up... Wake up... Wake up... Wake up... 万感が包む朝を-"

The alarm was shut down as he didn't even try to open his eyes. He was more than sleepy, his only wish was to stay in bed all morning without having to care about anything else... And sleep.

But he guessed he had no other choice but sit in his bed and connect his brain to reality: it was Tuesday, another day of the week, time to wake up and go to work. He landed as he fell off his bed... Such a good way to start in the morning, right?

He made his way to the bathroom and washed his face trying to recall who he was and why was he still alive, until he remembered:

"Oh yeah, Jake, that's your name, mate. Ugh, just wake up man, you don't have all day." he said to himself.

He reached the kitchen to prepare an Americano. He was used to it by now, since he read that drinking coffee in the morning is a good thing. He believed it, also because he loves Americano.

He scrolled through Instagram, just gallery pics by RM and daily Nayeon updates. Jake stopped and dressed up to finally make his way to work.

It was nothing special, just a library at the corner of a University, a really special one, and even tho a lot of students went there, he worked in a small room of sport books. But nobody ever went there, who would, with all the stuff they have to study, decide to read a sport book? It wasn't even one of the University's subjects. Sometimes Middle-school kids would come once or twice to search a tennis or hokey book, but they never took one or came back more then three times.

Jake didn't complain. He liked that peace, he could read some of the soccer or swimming books, he liked those disciplines and was facinated reading how many techniques they had. He thought that they were more difficult compared to what people thought. He loved sports, ever since he was a little aussie boy in Australia. In fact, Jake was actually Australian, his family moved to Korea when he was about to start High School and he's been living there ever since, while his family returned to Australia some months after.

He entered the library and went straight to his little room. Everyone ignored him as he passed by a lot of studying rooms with plenty of students inside: in fact, the library offered places and even tutors to help University students study. Jake didn't get accepted when he offered himself as a tutor. He wasn't actually mad, he understood why.

3rd floor. The elevators were strictly used only by the books organisers, there were no exceptions, and that's why Jake was forced to suffer everyday, every morning, to reach his work place. He was used to it but that doesn't mean he liked and accepted it. He would have never gone against the rules to use the elevator, but he desired to be able to use it one day. But tsk, he surely didn't want to be a book organiser, not even if he was payed more money: having to move from a section to another everyday checking books, depositing ones, search others was something that made him feel tired only by thinking on the tasks.

People were going up and down like little working ants.

Nah, actually they seemed more like elephants.

~Can't they at least try not to produce that much noise while going down/upstairs? We're in a library after all.~

He finally reached his beloved sport section to open the door and find out that the person that had to be already there was late... Not really something new, it happened quite frequently but, even if he didn't like this, he beared with it. Life is made of collaboration, right? So, he thought, he had to adapt himself to the others. It has always been his type of lifestyle, not trying to be above the others, just with them, not invisible but not the center of attraction. He liked being appreciated by others, but prefered working with someone else to get things done. He wasn't a really outgoing person tho, he was quite shy, you could tell by looking at him. Jake had never approached people first and didn't want to, he was happy when people talked to him and he enjoyed introvert people like him above etraverted people who always wanted to take part in parties or make new friends... It just wasn't his style. But it surely was Jay's.