Chapter 14 - Jake's POV

The door closed and Jake sighed. What he had just discovered was shocking to say the least. Not the fact that Heeseung and Sunghoon knew each other and were even best friends, since he should have expected it: the both of them attended to the same Uni, had similar ages and he remembered Heeseung saying he had a former skater friend, who was obviously Sunghoon. But the fact that they fought and that it may have been his fault devoured him. He thought about Heeseung leaving his friends behind because of him and it tortured him, he absolutely didn't want Heeseung and Sunghoon to fight. If only he knew that the two of them were friends before, he would have tried to help them. But at the same time there were still a lot of holes in the story: why did Jungwon use the words "playing with their emotions"? How did the little boy know that he was friends with Sunghoon? Did Heeseung and Sunghoon know that they share him as a friend? Since Jungwon didn't mention anything about Sunghoon in front of Heeseung, it was obvious to him that there was a reason and he surely didn't want to start a fight or problems there, without being fully aware of the situation. If only he had had more time to talk to the boy about what was going on, everything would have been clearer to Jake. He turned and made his way to the desk, ruminating. 

"Well, that was something, I guess." Jay spoke breaking the silence.

"Yeah. Tell me about it." Jake didn't seem to come back on earth.

"What happened? Why are you so weird?" Jay turned his chair and hand gestured Jake to do the same, the other following the instructions.

"Jungwon."

"Shorty? What did he do?"

"He told me something while you were gone with Heeseung."

"Stop being mysterious and tell me already."

Jake sighed:" He basically told me that Heeseung and Sunghoon are best friends. But apparently they fought because Heeseung has been more absent recently. I may or may not be one of the reasons, he said they are happier with me but before that he said 'stop playing with their emotions'. I think that maybe Heeseung isn't ok with me being friends with Sunghoon. Jungwon didn't tell me if they even know they share me as a friend. Ugh, I'm so confused."

"Wait, calm down. First things first, I just knew more about this Heeseung today talking with him. I know he's the one you met at the bus station and that he flirts with you."

"Well, there's nothing more than that. He likes me and we chat frequently. We also hang out."

"And Sunghoon?"

"Sunghoon... Sunghoon is probably the kindest and most genuine person I ever met. You know, he always comes here in the morning to bring me an Americano or a piece of cake. We chat probably 16 hours in a day, I know him more than I know Heeseung. We've had a lot of deep conversations."

"Has he confessed?"

"Confessed? Confess what?"

"That he likes you."

"Jay... We're only friends."

"Are you blind? Can't you see the boy has probably already even fallen in love? I know I've been joking about this for a long time, but it's time for you to realise that he's totally into you. Jungwon even said 'playing with THEIR emotions', this isn't just a Heeseung thing."

"As I said, we're just friends and he has no feelings for me and will never have."

There was a moment of silence. Jake didn't know what to say anymore, he felt the urge to cry and didn't even know why. He looked away in an attempt to calm down.

"How much does that hurt?"

"What?" he returned his gaze to Jay.

"Saying that. Saying he has no feelings for you and that will never have. Why do you pierce yourself like this?"