Chapter 3 - Jake's POV

Thursday, his "favorite day". On Thursdays Jake had to work till five in the evening, when a lot of university students also finished their classes. The rest of the week his turn ended at 1 PM and Jay repleaced him for the evening, but he was busy on Thursday so Jake had to take his place and work more. That implicated a not very happy mood.

As usually, there was nothing to do at the library. He was cleaning his desk for the second time out of boredom, and when he finished, he was too tired and lazy to do it a third time. Jay wasn't there, of course, because he was busy with his dad's business, so there wasn't anyone to chat with.

Until the door opened and revealed a tall, handsome guy: He had black hair that reflected the rooms light, dark sparkly eyes and a pale skin that contrasted all the black creating a perfect balance. In his nose, near his mouth and under his right eye three moles completed his perfect countenance. The boy was wearing a simple white shirt tuck in black skinny jeans, a khaki web colored jacket and black converse. He had a blue backpack and a book about ice-skating in his hands.
He was Sunghoon.

Jake didn't expect that, he knew the boy readed fast, but that was a long ass book. If it had been him, he would have took at least a month. He was sure now that the boy was serious when he said he would have returned the book in few days, because there he was, entering the room with the book and the bookmark in his hands.

His first instinct was to greet the boy and the other responded also saying hi and showing him a big smile.

"I didn't expect you to actually finish the book in such a short period of time. Or are you here to give it back because you didn't like it?" asked Jake with a slightly teasing tone. He didn't know why but he felt comfortable around the other latter, and it wasn't common for him, he never felt that comfortable with someone in the second meeting.

"It wasn't that long after all... There are a lot of images, it's like one of those English scholastic books with 6% of text, 20% of big titles and 74% of images of people smiling. So yeah, I finished it all yesterday and now here you go, I'm giving it back."

"Ooooh, that's why then... I thought you actually read a long book."

"I could if I wanted to."

"Sure mr. Park." teased Jake.

"Ok, wait a minute." and with that Sunghoon ran outside the room, leaving behind a speachless Jake. What was the other doing? He even left there his backpack on the ground, same with his library's card.

The urge to read more of his info was overwhelming him. Should he look it up? Should he respect the other's privacy? Well, actually, that wasn't really privacy, since it's the library's profile.

~No, I'm not doing that. I'm not, no, I'm- ugh, ok, search up the numbers. 678 blah blah OK, here he is, Park Sunghoon. OK but I'm not opening the profile. I'm not, I-~

"HE'S YOUGER THAN ME?!?! Well, more or less one month of difference."

"Why, were you born in November?"

Jake quickly closed the page and, both scared and shocked, looked at the latter who was entering the room. He felt really ashamed and didn't know what to do.

"Yeah- uhm, I was born in November ehm... 15th of November, what about... You?"

"Why would you ask when you just read that on my profile hahahaha then may I call you mr. Sim? Jake-ssi? Jake sunbaenim? Or maybe-"

"Jake... Just Jake wil be okay... No need for formalities, we are less then a month apart so that would be awkward... I never really liked formalities."

"Wow, okay Jake! Even if that's kind of... Dry. I'll call you hyung! Jake-hyung! Sounds nice, doesn't it?"

Jake found it really cute. The way Sunghoon smiled while saying Jake-hyung made him smile too, as if he just saw a baby laughing or a cute cat sleeping. He didn't know what to say but he liked the idea of being called like that.