Chapter 16 - Heeseung's POV

"He left."

"Let him be. I'm sure that it will grow on him and he'll come back." Heeseung was sit, chewing his jjampong. Jungwon was looking at him with a displeased look, but he couldn't care less. The boy sat down on his chair again.

"I'm still astounding for your conduct."

"Here you go with your vocabulary." scoffed Heeseung.

"How could you treat him like that? What kind of impression you think you are leaving on him?"

"I'm not his father, I'm not leaving any impression on him. You are babying him like a mother, he's older than you and a 20 year-old man."

"I seriously thought you were bigger than this."

"What are you talking about?! You know I like Jake and I wanna be in a relationship with him. Why would I pull back just because he's also Sunghoon's first love? Come on, his crush will fade away in less than a month."

"He has been liking Jake for 6 months and in love with him for one and a half."

"Please, in love". Heeseung mocked Jungwon.

"He is. Gosh, he definitely is. Do you think he would have stood up against you? He had always hidden behind you like a little dog before today, and you know that."

"Whatever. I never asked him to do so."

"So what are you gonna do? Force Jake into like you?"

"What do you mean force? I don't have to force anybody. If he likes me back, great. If he doesn't, well, rip. That wouldn't mean he likes Sunghoon anways. I've never heard Jake talk about Sunghoon."

"Because he didn't know you were friends until three days ago."

"So you told him."

"Of course I did. What did you expect me to do? I had to let him know, and I wanted to know if he was conscious that you and Sunghoon were best friends. He wasn't. He was pretty surprised actually."

"Well, yeah, understandable."

"You should apologise to Sunghoon."

"Why? I didn't do anything wrong."

"You didn't??? Are you perhaps kidding me?"

Heeseung stopped eating:" Then tell me what did I do wrong! Also, didn't he do something wrong too? Did you see how he talked to me? I wasn't even screaming and he straight up yelled at me."

"He was peeved. And you are too now. He's a person with emotions too, and when you bottle up them, they end up exploding. But you've always looked down on him. I notice these things. Remember when you said 'Don't try to surpass me, Sunghoon.'? It's just one of the countless times you made him feel inferior. And now you discredited his love towards a boy just because you're into the same boy. You need to understand that you are no better than him and you being older doesn't mean anything. Don't look away, I'm serious."

"I know, I know he's a human being too, I know how he usually doesn't often let out his emotions and I know that I'm at his same level, even lower. You think I don't know how he must be feeling right now? You think it doesn't hurt me knowing I'm arguing with my best friend because of a boy? But I can't just let Jake go because he likes him. Ok?" 

Heeseung had gotten quite nervous by that moment and wanted to change topic or even better, leave the place. He felt uneasy and needed some time to process everything that happened that day. He didn't hate Sunghoon, he couldn't bring himself to do so. He even understood his friend and felt bad for him. But he also really really liked Jake and didn't want to waste that possibility. 

Jungwon was eating his food, not looking at Heeseung, probably at odds with his monologue.

~So I'm alone. Jungwon is at Sunghoon's side. Doesn't matter... Well, it kind of matters. They're my friends. Why do I keep feeling bad for what I'm doing? I'm just trying to get to someone I like, it's not bad, I'm not doing any harm. I hope so.~

___________________________________________

Ok, this chapter is super short but meaningful. I wanted to clear Heeseung's POV for the rest of the story. I'm sorry if this wasn't what you expected but next chapters will be full of action. I need to post things like this to slow it down a little, otherwise it will seem unnatural.
Also, super random lmaooo, but I was thinking about the characters MBTI in this story XD I didn't necessarily keep their personalities because after all, I'm just using their names, not the real people. Jungwon is an ISFJ, Jake an ENFJ and I don't really know about the others. Sunoo probably an ENFP. I made Sunghoon pretty confusing hahahaha Idk if INTJ or not. Heeseung an ENTJ maybe? I was trying to make him an ENFJ but I kind of failed hahahah and the fact that most of them use intuition just shows that I use intuition too hahahahhaha
Anyways, let me know your opinions. Have a nice day <3