Chapter 17 - Jake's POV

A/n *IMPORTANT* note (please read):

Say the name, SEVENTEEN

Ok, besides that hahaha I want to make clear something. There will be now a time skip to the "present". As you may have noticed, I've always used the past tences, because everything happened before. Now, a year later from the first chat between Sunghoon and Jake, we are in the present, so I will use the simple present. I know I used the past tence for things that should always be true before, but this time skip wasn't really planned hahahah I'll make sure to edit it if it's grammatically wrong. I hope this doesn't confuse you, and I wanted to make sure you get it before reading.

Thank you for your attention

___________________________________________

A year before he wouldn't even have imagined to ever talk to the handsome boy who monthly visited the library, but there he is. Sunghoon has become his best friend. A friend he needed. A friend he looks up to. The best best friend he could wish for. But they are just best friends... right? Jake's confusion has grown up little by little and Heeseung constantly trying to hit on him wasn't helping. 

Since the two boys' fight, Jake and Jungwon have constatly kept in touch, they have even become friends in the meantime. The cat-alike boy is like a son to Jake, he finds him really cute but mature too. They chat often and Jungwon weekly visits him at the library. They talked about the situation between the two friends: as far as he knows, Heeseung used to treat Sunghoon in a way the other didn't like and it didn't end well. The two still haven't solved their little (or big) fight and Jake thinks it's a pity to lose someone that way, but maybe they just weren't meant to be friends, which would be really sad. Jungwon told him that they used to be an inseparable trio, the three of them against the world. Jake has never felt that way with a group of friends, but it only made him feel sorry. He had tried to talk about the topic with both Sunghoon and Heeseung, but they were absolutely against doing so. Sunghoon specially looked particularly hurt and Jake thought it was because that may remind him bad esperiences with Heeseung. The older, on the oder hand, ignored Jake and got angry when the latter insisted. Jake has so learnt not to mention the fight and see the boys as a closed topic, Jungwon fully agreeing with him. 

As was said before, Jake has still kept in touch with both Sunghoon and Heeseung, who is now really open about his crush for him. The boy would treat him to dinner, buy him gifts, message him more often and basically behave like his boyfriend. Jake doesn't know how that makes him feel. After a year he feels that he's been pushing it for too long and the other needs an answer, a feedback. But what can he tell him? He doesn't even know what he feels himself. He doesn't want the other to get heartbroken but he also doesn't want to play with his emotions. Jake's only thought is that he should fall for the guy already, It seems like a perfect match, yet it just doesn't feel right. And he maybe knows why.

So when Heeseung texted him once again, he feels bad for accepting to go out. But the latter is also a good friend, he doesn't want to leave him. He rather wants to be able to say that he likes him. But right now there still wasn't the sparkling.

"Hey Jake. How you doing?"

"Hey Heeseung, I was just chilling." lies. He definitely wasn't chilling.

"Then how about eat an ice cream together while wandering around the park?"

"Sure, why not." and so Jake follows a joyful Heeseung towards the nearest ice cream cafeteria. They reach it in less than a minute, approaching the waitress behind the ice cream counter. He skips besides Heeseung and scans the ice cream flavours, searching for his favourite.