Chapter 10 - Sunghoon's POV

Weeks passed by. It was already a month since Sunghoon and Jake became friends, and everything was slowly changing. He started getting less and less nervous whenever he was with Jake. Actually, he felt relaxed. He felt as if Jake was his safe place, all his worries vanished if Jake was there with him. His heart still raced and his mind was full of the boy 24/7, but everything felt so... Magical.

His crush was fading away.

But to replace it, he was slowly falling in love. Actually falling in love.

His days were pretty much the same. He would get up and rush to the caffeteria to buy Jake an Americano, then bring it to him and attend Uni. This whole routine made him somehow happier: getting up from the bed had always been a problem to Sunghoon, who would usually stare at the ceiling with a blank expression but with way too coloured thoughts, to the point that everything was just chaotic, yet if you had seen him there, you would have got the opposite idea. This usually made him feel exhausted and downcast, not being able to crack a smile if not when he entered the Uni. But what about later on? Waking up had become his favourite part of the day, his mind relaxed as soon as he remembered his duties early in the morning. His lips curving into a calming smile and his heart fluttering. He wasn't screaming for Jake anymore, besides he would chat with him and feel lighter because of that. A beautiful feeling he secretly treasured.

But their friendship didn't stop there. They would talk for hours in sleepless nights about their struggles, ideas, emotions and they opened up to each other. Of course Sunghoon never mentioned his crush during those speeches, but knowing that Jake trusted him enough to reveal his deep side fulfilled his heart, and he felt comfortable talking with the guy too. No one judging, no one interfering, just the two of them talking to each other like childhood friends.

So there he was, leaving the library after greeting Jake. A bright smile on his lips as he made his way to the University, shiny eyes and mind full of his crush. Definitely a view that couldn't slide unnoticed by a certain someone.

"Done with the 'I just talked to my crush' moment? Your smile is disgusting."

"Oh, c'mon, shut up Jungwon, you've been in love too so don't judge me."

"Not really, just little crushes and they didn't last long, plus, my in-love face is cute."

"Yours may be cute, but mine is good looking." sneered Sunghoon.

"Whatever lets you sleep at night... Anyways, have you seen Heeseung?"

"Heeseung? No, not really. It's been a while actually, he chats on the group chat but he doesn't show up in real life, which is kinda sad."

"It really is. I thought that perhaps I did something wrong I don't know when, but if you tell me you haven't seen him either..."

"I just know he's been practicing for the audition but not much more than that."

"Yeah, same. He'll show up in the corridors, let's search for him inside." Jungwon dragged Sunghoon grabbing his wrist inside the building and they searched for Heeseung. They called him, asked people about him but there was no sight of the boy, until it was time for them to enter the classroom and assist the lessons.

Sunghoon wasn't as worried as Jungwon, but he was certainly distressed, since Heeseung had always been one of his best friends, yet he couldn't even hang out with him as they used to. Was it something they had done? He couldn't think of anything. Then something they hadn't done! But it wasn't the case either. His mind was a mess trying to figure out why of Heeseung's weird behaviour, and he could bet that it was the same for Jungwon. That's why, when all of their classes ended, he went straight to find the little boy and talk to him. And he found him in front of his locker.