Chapter 2 - Sunghoon's POV

Wow. He just talked to him. Finally.

His heart was racing and there was no way he could stop it. He not only talked to him, he even laughed with him and saw him getting embarrassed.

~Wow, how can he be so cute... He even said my name- sheesh, dear Jake, what are you doing to me.~ thought Sunghoon.

He had been liking the cute librarian for 4 months by now, even tho he could visit him only once in a while and that saddened Sunghoon. He wished he had more time to see those puppy eyes. And now Jake knew his name. If he entered his card's profile on the library's database, he would even be able to read more info.

~I'm pretty sure he won't do that tho... I don't think he even noticed me, a part of our little talk. He must be used to people talking to him to take books and flirt. Yeah, he probably has a lot of interactions everyday.~

But he had a plan: he took the book. Was he interested in reading it? Absolutely not, he already knew everything he had to know about ice skating. He was an ice skater after all. But that book was his excuse to come again in a short period of time. And of course he did that to talk to Jake and let him know his name.

As you can see, Sunghoon was a pretty smart guy. Scratch that, he was the smartest one in his faculty and had always had the highest grades. Certainly his intelligence didn't just resch the University's standard, his logical and innovative mind always let him have the best ideas and answers. He was handsome too, people always complimented him for his looks and he was used to girls looking at him and texting him on Instagram. He was probably the perfect guy: smart, handsome, with high grades, ice skater, serious, gentle, confident... His only flaw?

Love, romance, or better: Sim Jake.

Before meeting Jake at the library, Sunghoon didn't even know he was gay. He could imagine he wasn't that interested in girls after all because he had never liked one before and at the age of 20, that's quite suspicious. He accepted it, he liked boys and there was nothing wrong with that, but he hadn't told anyone yet, not even his best friends. Since he knew Jake was his flaw, he didn't want to expose that to others, and it was like his little secret that nobody else knew about.

Was that a good idea? He thought so.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunghoon, who had already entered the University, reached his locker and closed the book inside it before one of his friends could see it and ask about it. He did great, because someone was about to run to him.

"Hey, Sunghoonieee hyung!!! Where were you? I've been looking after you for 2 hours now." said the boy looking sad.

"Oh, ehmmm sorry about that haha... I went home to visit Gaeul haha."

"Oooh, I wanna see her too!"

"Yeah, I'll send you a photo, she's really cute."

"She must be! I'm cuter tho."

Sunghoon laughed a that.

With an awkward laugh.

He was used to it but it still felt uncomfortable, not because he thought the other boy wasn't cute, he was, and Sunghoon knew that he said those type of things to others too, but because he knew. He knew that the other boy had a crush on him and was openly flirting with him. Everyone was aware of that, the little cute boy wasn't shy at all and wanted everyone to know that Sunghoon "would be his".

The reality was: Sunghoon wasn't interest in the boy, even tho he found him cute. And after meeting Jake, the chances of him liking the boy were even less. Did he reject the other? Yes, he did, and more than once, but the boy was stubborn enough to retry every time.