Chapter 21 - Jake's POV

A week went by and Jake hasn't heard from Sunghoon for this whole time. He has sent him messages, called him, but it was no use. The other didn't pick up the phone, nor he has replied any of his messages. He hasn't even opened them, which, after a week, makes Jake worried. He no longer stops by the library in the morning, as much as Jake waits for him. This has brought Jake down in the dumps and anything barely made him cheery. His usual energy and optimist has vanished and has been replaced by jadedness and pessimism, even people around him noticed. Jake is glad to have Jay by his side, because the boy really tries to cheer him up a bit, as much as he can and is someone he can count on. He confessed everything to him and even cried in front of Jay. The boy was always ready to confort him and tell him that it was just a misunderstanding and everything would go back to how it was. He was grateful to his friend and thanked him countless of times. Jungwon noticed too, but Jake rarely lets out his emotions, too assorted in others', and so he didn't show the younger how the situation affected him. But Jungwon knows and has reported to Jake that Sunghoon has not mentioned him and when he did, the boy would just say that it was his own business. This, of course, was a stab in Jake's heart, knowing that Sunghoon, his best friend, did not want to talk to him or about him. But more painful was knowing that he had confessed his love for... Sunoo, the boy he had always rejected. It's unbelievable for Jake such thing: how? When did Sunghoon fall for Sunoo and why didn't he tell him? As far as he knows, the latter did not reject Sunghoon, nor has he accepted his love. Jungwon told him that Sunoo was disoriented and that he didn't know how he felt about Sunghoon, so he just let him with an uncertain answer. But it wasn't enough for Jake. The idea of Sunghoon falling in love for someone anguished him, because he now realises, that Sunghoon is not just a friend to him. He's not just a person he enjoys spending his time with, but someone whom he wants to stay close every single minute. Someone who makes him smile like nobody else does and feel butterflies for every reason. Someone he could stare at for 365 days without getting bored. Someone who makes him blush. Someone he was comfortable with. Someone who hurted him as much as he made him alive.

Jake fell in love with Sunghoon. He wants to spend everyday with him, every good time, every sad moment. He realised he was in love when he saw Sunghoon leaving the library a week ago, from the window, and put his books in the backpack. He grasped how much the other cares for him and how many things he does for Jake, all the cuddles, the praises, the gifts. He cherishes all of that, he needs it. But now, Sunghoon disappeared, left him with nothing but confusion. And he blames himself for realising his love for the boy too late, when everything has finished. 

Someone who did not left him though was Heeseung. Jake knows how excited the older is for their date, and he didn't stop mentioning it every now and then. It was either simply to remind him or to talk about where to go, how to dress and different things. But Jake isn't exactly looking forward to it. Knowing he has a date DATE with Heeseung makes him nervous, because he doesn't know what will happen. Surely he's aware now that he has no feelings for the older if not love as a friend. After all, Heeseung has always been a good friend to Jake and they had a lot of fun together. 

So there he is, waiting for the boy to arrive and pick him up to go to the restaurant. It's already 6:56 PM and he's standing in front of his house, fidgeting with his fingers to calm himself. He's wearing something more formal then usual since it's a date DATE, so a pair of long hurricane-coloured trousers, a white botton down shirt and a brown jacket on top of it. He also opted to wear fake glasses because, why not? They looked cool.

He's still imagining how awkward the night will be when he hears an engine coming and a car stops by him. He immediately recognizes Heeseung's car and enters.

"Hey, you should have waited for me to open the door for you!"

"It's ok Heeseung, I know how to get in a car." he chuckles. Heeseung chuckles as well and starts the engine again.