Chapter 4 - Sunghoon's POV

He arrived home and immediately threw his backpack in his sofa, not minding anything but feeding his dog Gaeul and starting that long book he wasn't even sure he would finish in time. As he opened the kitchen's door, a little white creature popped up and ran to Sunghoon, wagging her small tail. Of course the scene made Sunghoon forget about all his worries and embrace the dog. 

"Did I make you wait too long, Gaeul?"

With Gaeul in his arms, he walked into kitchen and grabbed a bowl. He filled it with dog's food and placed it again on the floor, releasing Gaeul from his grip and watching her eat her food.

"You must have been really hungry, am I wrong?" said Sunghoon, chuckling. He loved his little dog more then he loved himself, and that meant a lot. He had adopted her when she was a small cutie closed in a cage in the dog pound and he was still a high school student that wanted a little dog to pet. Her name, Gaeul, came from the fact that she was adopted in autumn, which in Korean is 가을 (Gaeul). She was a French Puddle, a cute white and small dog. Her personality was described by Sunghoon as quiet, not really a barking type, but she would if she had to protect the house. She was afraid of other dogs but loved being around people, and that's why when Sunghoon had to go to University every morning, closing her in his flat broke his heart. He wished he had had more time to stay with her, but when he was home, they were always together, cuddling in his desk while he was doing his homework.

Sunghoon walked to his backpack, took out his phone, hoping to find a message from a certain someone, but all he found was an incoming call. He sighed heavily and answered the phone.

"Hey Sunoo, what is it?"

"Sunghoooooon, finally!! I called you like 10 times!" said Sunoo.

"Sorry, I was far from the phone. May I help you with something?"

"I know you might be busy, but wanna hang out tomorrow?"

Sunghoon thought about it. His plans for the next day were pretty different, but he wasn't even sure that they would even happen. And his friends had always told him to give Sunoo at least one possibility. Should he say yes? At the same time he didn't want to give the other any hope, because he was 100% sure he wasn't into him.

~why am I always in these type of situations?~

Thinking about it, he could still postpone his plans to that Saturday, which maybe was even a better option, wasn't it? His friends would stop complaining to him about how he always rejects Sunoo and at the end of the day everyone would be happy!

"Yeah, why not?"

"Wh- WAIT, DID YOU JUST ACCEPT? OMG! OMGOMGOMGOMG NAAAAAAAH, THIS HAS TO BE A DREAM, WAIT A MINUTE, LET ME CHECK."

Sunghoon was laughing inside, knowing that the other probably didn't even expect a positive answer. He heard Sunoo running and screaming, while calling someone to ask them if he was dreaming.

"GEONU TOLD ME IT'S REAL, OMG, AAAAAAAAAAAAAA YESYESYESYES, ANYWAY, I'LL WAIT FOR YOU TOMORROW AT 4 PM BESIDE THE UNIVERSITY, OK?

"Ok, see ya tomorrow Sunoo, have a good day, byee"

"BYEEEE!"

Sunghoon ended the call and sat on the sofa, rethinking his life decisions. Why was he in the middle of this mess when his only objective was to live a peaceful life without problems?

~Guess that's not possible. Now I must read that book, otherwise I will never finish it on time, and I CAN'T LOSE against Jake, I must win this. Yeah, that's right, let's go, Sunghoon, you can do it~ he said to himself, grabbing the fairytales book he took at the library. He made sure he was comfortable enough for 6 hours of full reading and turned off his phone. It was going to be a long evening but he was determined enough to face it.