Chapter 6 - Jake's POV

It was finally Saturday. He didn't know what was going to happen or where was Sunghoon taking him, but he was quite excited. It was something new, and he loved trying new things. It also had been long since he had gone out with someone else than Jay.

Talking about Jay, he decided to call him to ask about how to approach people.

"Are you serious?"

"Mate, you know damn well that I'm bad at this. You're the master of making new friendships tho, and that's why I called you."

"I can't believe this."

"Why! It has always been like this!"

"I don't remember you calling me to ask me about how to talk to a guy. I can call my supposition about you being gay a theory already."

"Hey, how does that even relate. I'm calling you because this guy is as shy as me, you know what that means?"

"Oh my god, so other people like you exist?"

"Bro, there are people worse than me out there."

"Never gonna talk to them, ever."

"You won't, but I will in some hours, so help me."

"Ok. Well, about starting a conversation right? Well, just start talking about whatever. But something that can create a conversation, not a stupid story time because, if that guy is like you, it will only provoque an 'Ah, interesting' answer. I don't know, try talking about some random thing y'all have in common. Do you know his hobbies? What does he like? Music? Sports? Books? Series? There's a lot you can talk about. You must not sound nervous, he is just a guy like you. Avoid silence if it is awkward. Even talk about the weather if needed, but only in extreme situations. Extend the conversation as much as possible, if you start talking about something else without even finishing the main point, let it be. When the conversation dies, just come back to the main point and finish it, you never know, a new conversation might start. Understood?

"Wow, thank you mate! That's crazy, how do you know such things? They seem perfect tho, I'll use them if I remember."

"Years of experience" said Jay with a grin on his face, "I've flirted a lot in my life."

"Wait a minute- We're not going to flirt, it's just a friendly date."

"Yeeeah, sure, that's why he gave you his number through a book."

"As I said before, he is as shy as me. Have you ever seen me asking people's number? Or giving mine in front of them, if not because they asked me first?"

"I'll never understand you shy people. Besides, what are you going to wear?"

"Green sweatshirt, brown large pants, converse."

Silence was heard for a moment.

"ARE YOU SERIOUS?"

"Yes? Why?"

"Oh dude... Where has your taste in fashion gone? You're cooler wearing your everyday outfits and that's not even the best you can do. Meet me at the shops."

"But we don't have enough tim-"

"Bring everything you'll need for the date with you, I'll take home your things after, don't worry."

Jake sighed and ended the call. Why was his friend even worried? It wasn't a big deal. He was just going with a new friend... Somewhere. He didn't even know where. Jay only made him anxious instead of excited even tho it didn't make sense.

He grabbed his keys and left his house.

----------------------------------------------------------------------