Chapter 18 - Jay's POV

~What a nice day to go out. It would be a pity if I wasted it at home.~ thought Jay, standing up from his sofa in the living room. He lives in a big flat, definitely a luxurious one, thanks to the fact that his family is rich. He has visited many countries, beautiful places and people, but he's happier there, in Korea, working in a library. It isn't really his dream job and he definitely won't work there his entire life. But after he had finished his school years, he stated he needed a gap year. A gap year that was now extending to two gap years. But as long as his family helps him, it's totally ok. He has already applied for University, so he really just needs to wait. And as he does, why not earn some money and have fun with Jake, one of his best friends?

He grabs his sneakers and ties them up, ready to leave his house. He closes the door behind him and makes his way to the elevator. His flat is at the 4th floor, making it a long way to arrive at the ground floor. But he's eager to walk through the park, nothing can stop him. So he patiently waits for the elevator's door to open, revealing an old woman inside it. He doesn't mind and enters: it's routine to meet people when leaving or entering the building. Everyone knows each other, but it's still awkward. It being an opulent apartment complex means a bunch of rich people living there, and Jay knows how judgmental wealthy people can be. He doesn't care. Neighbours could think of him as too young, too rich, too poor, too rebel, but he doesn't care. He does what he wants, no matter what others think of him.

He puts on his airpods to prevent any type of conversation with the woman and listens to Harry Style's voice. He's lucky: the miss doesn't say a single word, and so he leaves peacefully the complex. Air strokes his hair and he finally breathes.

"This is it." he closes his eyes and lets the fresh air slightly touch him. But he isn't fully satisfied: he needs to be surrounded by nature to feel better, and the parking lot surely isn't the best place. So he walks out of there and makes his way to the nearest park.

People walking around him, not minding who passes beside them and not even noticing Jay, who's still listening to his playlist. As his feets move, he's lost in thoughts, everything seems an excuse to make him wander in his own mind. He lets himself being carried away. Not the best idea.

Jay bumps into someone who would have nearly fall if he wasn't faster and held them. 

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to." says the other. Jay recognises that voice. There's no way he could not recognise it, a memorable melody.

"Don't worry, I'm the one who should apologise." He helps the other stand up, but as soon as he speaks, he's pushed away. 

~Well, I wasn't expecting anything anyways.~

"Don't touch me you weirdo." 

Jay sighs, defeated:"I was trying to help you, you were literally falling."

"Way better than being touched by you." the other sneered. Jay puts on a disgusted face, hiding the fact that he was deeply hurt.

"And why are you here? As far as I know, you live far away from here."

"And how come you know where I live? Do you even know my adress or what?"

"Of course I don't." lies. He remembers it as if it was his own. "Answer my question, please."

"I'm here to spy on Heeseung and Jake hyung."

"What, why?"

"To see if Sunghoon still has possibilities with Jake."

"Still, it isn't an excuse to invade their privacy."

"Yeah, you're right. I'm just gonna peek-"

"Jungwon." Jay says, serious.