Dinner part one

When I woke up Zach was gone, touching the spot beside me it was cold. I wonder when he had left though. Yawning, I sat up stretching, before staring at my hand, it felt abnormally cold. Could it be, because I fell asleep holding Zach's hand or something like that. Today is a teacher's work day so no school for me. That also means I won't see Zach today.

Standing up, I went to my window and stared out it. The sun was shining on me, and my body was slowly warming up from the rays. Turning around, I saw the cigarette pack still on the desk. I wonder if he is really quitting, I never expected him to give up that easy. Picking them up, I opened the drawer, putting them inside, and left out of my room.

Soon it was later in the day, and I was sitting in the living room reading a book. Half way through it, I was getting bored, and I sat it down. Yawning, I stretched my arms out, before leaning back, when I heard footsteps coming in the room. Looking, Dad came in dressed and I stared at him kind of confused, because he was off today.

"Where are you going Dad?"

"I got called in."

"Haven't you been working a lot lately?"

"I know honey, but this weekend we'll do something just the two of us."

"Ok."

He turned about to leave out the room, when he looked back at me.

"Oh yeah, your phone was ringing up stairs."

I stared at him kind of curious, before standing up. Giving him a goodbye kiss, I made it back up stairs. Going into my room, I saw that my phone was blinking on my bed, and I walked over to it picking it up. Looking at it for a moment, I had two missed calls from Zach. I wonder what he was calling for, and I sat on the bed.

Calling him for a moment, it rung, before it went to his voice mail, and I hung up. However, before I could put it down, it started ringing again. It was him again, and I answered it.

"Hello?"

"Hey pretty girl."

"Hey Zach."

"So what are you doing tonight?"

I heard a beep outside, and I laid on my back.

"Nothing, my Dad just left to go to work."

"Hmm, so you want to come with me?"

"Where?"

"To eat."

"Sure, where?"

"Um... Applebee's."

"Ok, let me get dress."

"Ok, see you in a few."

We hung up, and I stood up. Walking to my closet, I looked through it for a moment. I wonder what I should wear. Wait... this is not a date or anything, right? Biting my lower lip, I scratched my head, ok let's say it is, what do you wear on a date. Not to formal and not too casual, and I flipped through some of the clothes.

A few minutes later, I decided on a dark grey shirt, with a skirt with grey and white dots on it, and my converse. I decided to pull my hair in a high bun, and I sat on my bed for a moment. I was totally freaking out right, I know I shouldn't, because I don't know if this was even a date. I could then hear a knock on the door down stairs, and I stood up quickly.

Making it down stairs, I opened the door, and there stood Zach. He had a blue buttoned up shirt, which he had the sleeves pulled up, with dark jeans, and shoes. He looked wow, and I blinked a few times, before I heard him chuckle. Snapping my head up, I met his eyes, and I felt my cheeks heating up, as I let him inside.

"Let me get my purse."

Not waiting for him to answer, I ran back upstairs, and grabbed my throw over purse, and phone. Going back down stairs slower this time, I didn't want to trip or anything, and I was standing in front of him again. He hadn't moved from the spot, and gave me a little smile.

"You ready?"

"Yeah..."

Grabbing my hand, he pulled me out the house closing the door behind us. Stopping for a moment, I stared at him confused, and he ran a hand through his hair.

"Don't freak, ok?"

"Huh?"

He didn't say anything else, he just pulled me to this car. This was a different car than he usually drive, and I stared at it for a moment. Getting in the front, I put on my seat belt, and turned my head to Zach. He was gripping the steering wheel a little tight, and I watched him confused.

"Are you ok?"

"Yeah... just a change in plans."

I decided to not ask anything else, as he pulled out of my drive way. I soon noticed that we weren't going where he said we were. Glancing back at him, he looked kind of tensed, and I stared down at my lap.

"This car, is it yours?"

"Yeah, I don't usually drive it."

"I see, where are we going?"

"We're going to Applebee's, just a different one."

"Oh ok."

It then got quiet between us, and I stared out the window for a moment. Staring out the window, I stared as the trees went by, and I slowly relaxed. We soon pulled to the place, and he parked the car, before turning to me.

"Ok listen, my sister is joining us with her boyfriend."

" Oh really?"

"Yeah, just a heads up."

Getting out the car, he took my hand again. Walking inside Applebee's, he pulled me to the waiting area. There I saw Tiff, and she stood up when she saw us.

"Hey guys."

Tiff had on a pretty red dress that fell to her knees and black boots. Her hair was pulled into a curly pony tail. She looked really pretty and mature.

"Hey sis, so where this guy of yours?"

She then gave us a sheepish grin, before ringing her hands together.

" Well funny thing about that, he's actually at the table... with mom."

I felt Zach tense, before he ran a hand through his hair. He let out a frustrated sigh, before squeezing my hand.

"What's she doing in town anyway?"

In town? Doesn't she live with them and everything. I wonder what that is about, but more important I'm about to meet Zach's mother. Nibbling on my lower lip, I could feel my hands start to sweat, and I slipped my hand out of Zach's. He glanced at me from the corner of his eye, before wrapping his arm around my waist. Rubbing my hands together, I was getting really nervous.

"She just sort of showed up, and somehow we all ended up here."

"Well it's whatever."

I heard Zach click his tongue, and I stared at him. He glanced down at me, before a smile slowly fell on his face.

"You ready?"

Ready as I'll ever be

Giving him a nod, we started following behind Tiff. Our steps were slower than hers, and I moved my arm wrapping it around Zach's waist. I need to calm down, it'll be fine I know it.

"...sorry."

All in my own thoughts, I missed what Zach had said.

"Huh?"

"I said I'm sorry about all this, I really didn't plan our first date to go like this."

Oh my god.... I knew it was a date. I could feel my cheeks turning red, and I glanced down.

"It's ok."

Giving him a squeeze, I looked up to see we were at a table, and I was soon met with sharp blue eyes.

Everything will be fine... I think