Meeting The Family

Sitting on my bed with Catherine, she was going through my closet for a moment. Sadly I don't have a lot of girly clothes, and she sighed.

"Girl we gonna need to go shopping for you next time."

"Hmm."

She then looked like she gave up, and went to my drawer. Looking through it for a moment, she tossed me matching white under clothing.

"Go take a shower, I'll have your outfit ready when your done."

"Ok."

Slowly walking out the room, and down to the bathroom, I let out a sigh. Putting my hair up, I stripped, and jumped in the shower. Letting the water hit my back, I stared down at my feet biting my lower lip. I hope today goes well, and I took a quick shower. After I was finished I got out, and dried myself off. Putting my under clothes on, I wrapped my towel around me. Going out the bathroom, I ran to my room closing the door, behind me.

There Catherine turned around with a bag. Staring at her confused, she smiled holding it out to me, and I walked over taking it from her.

"Ok my job is done."

She then turned walking out the room, I let out a little sigh looking inside. My eyes widen when I saw it was a white dress. Taking it out my towel dropped to the floor, and I bit my lower lip. Where did she get this from, and I slowly pulled it on. It fell a few inches above my knees, and I bit my lower lip. There was a black belt that went around my waist, and I took my hair down. Running a brush through it, I let it fall to my shoulders,before I sat down.

Rubbing my hands together, I felt kind of nervous now. When my door was opened, I lifted my head to see Catherine poked her head in with a smirk.

"Your boyfriend just drove up."

I quickly stood up, and walked out the door. Going down the stairs, I could feel my heart beating hard in my chest, come on Melissa relax. When I made it down stairs, there was a light tap, and I quickly made it to the door, before anyone could get it. Once I opened the door, my eyes widen at Zach.

He had a red long sleeve buttoned up shirt, which he had the sleeves rolled up to his elbows with dark jeans on. His brown hair was kind of more curled up than normal. Meeting his eyes, they were light, and I smiled.

"Hi."

"Hey pretty girl."

He glanced behind me, before leaning down giving me a kiss on the cheek. I smiled, and he then moved his hand from behind his back.

"I brought you this."

He held a single pink rose in front of my face, and my eyes widen. Slowly lifting my hand, I touched the petals, before taking it from him.

"Thank you."

I smiled gently at the flower, before I took his hand. Walking down the hall, we went into the kitchen. I could smell something really good. Aunt Cali then glanced back, and her eyes widen.

"Oh Melissa, why didn't you say he was here."

Her and Nana then walked over toward us.

"Zach this is my Aunt Cali and my grandmother."

"Hello ma'am."

He shook their hands, and I left him for a moment getting a vase to put the flower in. Turning back around, I saw that Dad wasn't in here.

"Aunt Cali where is Dad?"

Her smile slowly fell, and I frowned.

"Upstairs."

Frowning, why would he be up there. Letting out a little sigh, I walked over to Zach, and took his hand.

"Let's go in the living room."

"Ok."

Pulling him out of the kitchen, I brought him to the living room, and let out a sigh. Sitting down, I turned to him, and he raised an eyebrow. Shaking my head, I gave his hand a squeeze.

"I'll get my Dad."

"Ok."

Letting his hand go, I stood up, and went upstairs. Walking to Dad's room, it was cracked so I knocked, before opening it. There he was in his work clothes, and I couldn't hide the disappointment on my face. He turned his head to me, before his eyes widen, and he walked over toward me.

"You look beautiful."

"Thank you."

Staring at him for a moment, I reached gripping his hand, and I looked up at him.

"Do you have to go?"

"I'm sorry honey."

Frowning, I stared down at his hand. All he ever does it work, he's hardly home. This is no time to get depress, and I lifted my head up.

"Will you at least meet him?"

"Of course."

Giving him a little smile, I went out the door with Dad behind me. Going back downstairs Zach was sitting there talking to Nana. When he caught sight of us, he stood up, and I smiled walking over to him. Taking his hand, it was kind of sweaty was he nervous, and I stared at him. He glanced down at me, before giving me a little smile.

"Zach this is my dad. Dad this is my boyfriend Zach."

It still sent a shiver through me when I say he's my boyfriend. Zach moved toward Dad, and shook his hand.

"It's nice to meet you sir."

"It's nice to meet you Zach. I'm sorry I can't stay for dinner."

Zach seemed surprised for a moment, before giving him a little nod.

"It's alright."

Zach then stepped back, and Dad came over giving me a kiss on my cheek.

"See you later."

"Ok."

"You work to much Malcolm."

Nana stated, before she stood up, and followed him out the room. I sat down on the couch with Zach, and let out a deep breath. Zach moved his arm around my waist, and I leaned into his side for a moment, and he leaned his head on mine.

"Your family seems nice."

"They're ok."

He chuckled, and pressed a kiss to the side of my head. Turning looking at him, I stared into his eyes, before leaning down, and he lightly pressing a kiss to my lips. I smiled pulling away, before hugging him tightly. Leaning my head against his chest, I tried to push away this sadness I was feeling right now.

"You ok pretty girl?"

"Yeah."

Pulling away, he stared at me in disbelief, before tucking a piece of hair, behind my ear. Smiling I saw a glint in his eyes for a moment, before he took a good look at me. His stare made my cheeks turn red, and I glanced down at my lap.

"Do I look ok?"

"Yeah... You look good."

Lifting my head to meet his stare, he had looked away rubbing the back of his neck. Was he embarrassed or something, I've never seen him like this, and I could feel the smile forming on my face.

"You look good too."

He turned his head back to me, and a smirk formed on his face. Running a hand through his hair, he laid it behind my head.

"Yeah I know."

Of course he would chose to be cocky right now, and I shook my head. Letting out a sigh, I leaned my head against his chest closing my eyes. Just because Dad had to go, doesn't mean that everything is ruined. I felt as Zach pressed a kiss on the side of my head, before squeezing me tightly to him.

"It's ok."

I heard him mumbled, I don't know if I was supposed to hear that, but it sort of made me feel a little better.

Yeah he's right everything is ok