We're Official

I had a great weekend with Dad, but I really wish I could have told him about Zach. Like we are kind of dating now, and I don't want him to be the last one to know and everything. Pulling my bag over my shoulder, I wonder if Zach is going to act different or is he going to the same. Opening my locker, I grabbed my math book, before closing it back. Leaning against it, I let out a sigh, before holding my book tightly to my chest. I was kind of nervous, but nothing had really changed so I didn't understand myself.

Staring down at my feet, which were covered in white flats. I feel like I was supposed to dress up kind of, and I bit my lower lip. Staring at my tan colored dress, I brushed a piece of my hair behind my ear.

"Melissa."

Looking up, I saw Derek coming my way. Smiling I walked over toward him, and he threw his arm over my shoulder.

"So I here you and Zach are official."

My eyes widen as I stared at him.

"How did you know?"

"Zach tells me everything."

He smirked and I stared down at the floor, before looking back at him.

"So do you know where he is?"

I watched as Derek scratched his head, before sighing.

"He's in the cafeteria."

" Is something wrong?"

"Well... Amanda won't leave him alone. So he's kind of irritated at the moment, which isn't a good thing."

"Why?"

I watched him glance away, before he gave me a forced smile.

"It doesn't matter, let's just head over there."

" Ok."

Making it to the cafeteria surly there was Amanda clung to Zach. I suddenly had this boiling feeling inside, and I frowned staring at them for a moment. I don't like her hanging on to him like that.

"Wow you totally got the jealous girlfriend look down."

"Huh?"

Derek clapped his hands together, before putting them behind his head. He gave me a smirk, before walking over to them. That's right, I'm Zach's girlfriend now, so I can stop her right?

Signing I walked over, before stopping at the table. Staring at Zach he had a irritated look on his face. Both his hands were balled up tightly, that it looked like he was about to go off.

"Zach."

His head lifted up, and the fircessness in his eyes shocked me. I soon watch them go back to normal, and he stood up. Walking to me, he pulled me to his side.

"Hey."

"Walk with me in line?"

"Sure."

Wrapping his arm around my waist, I glanced behind me at Amanda. She was giving me a real dirty look, but I ignored it. I can do this, I have to keep my head up.

"Melissa."

"Hmh?"

"You look pretty."

He caught me off guard, and I stared at him baffled for a moment, before blushing looking away.

"Thank you."

"So what do you want?"

"Huh?"

"what do you want for breakfast, I'll buy it for you."

"Oh I just want a bagel."

" Ok."

He then went up and got me my breakfast, walking over toward him. He handed it to me, and I smiled at him.

"Thank you."

"No problem."

We soon walked back toward the table, and I was led to sit beside Terrell. He raised an eyebrow at me before he smirked.

"Hey there little bit."

Little bit? I wonder where he got that name from. I know I'm kind of short, but still. Forgetting it, I started to eat my bagel. I suddenly felt eyes on me, and I glanced up. There Amanda was glaring at me hard.

I didn't glance right away though. I wonder what is going through her mind at the moment. Why doesn't she give up on Zach, and just what is their story. Letting out a sigh, I started to eat my bagel. I still think its best I ignore her though.

"Zach why are you all the way over there."

She whined, and I glanced at him, catching him rolling his eyes. Looking back down, I finished my bagel, and started drinking my juice.

"Why do you always stick under her?!"

"Why not."

She got quiet, and I glanced up at her, and she was glaring at him. Setting my juice down, I yawned sliding my bag off. Rolling my shoulders, I felt Zach wrap his arm around my waist.

"It's not fair. Why always her and not me."

"Amanda we're not dating, your my ex for a reason, so why would I stay under you."

"What about her, you act like your her boyfriend."

" He is."

The words fell from my mouth, before I realized. Her eyes widen, and her mouth opened some. I felt Zach squeeze my side, but I didn't break eye contact.

"Liar.

"I'm not."

"Your not good enough for him."

She was turning red in the face, she's probably angry.

"Well that may be true, but I must have something you don't have if he's with me and not with you."

The words were just flowing out my mouth. I think that since Zach is here I feel more confident. She

was gapping at me, before slapped her hands on the table.

"You'll regret this, I swear you will."

"No... the only thing I regret is meeting you."

Her eyes widen, before she turned marching away. Letting out a deep sigh, a low whistle came from beside me. Looking at Terrell he gave me a smirk.

"You sure put her in her place, little bit."

Rubbing my arm, I gave him a little smile, before glancing at Zach. He had a smile on his face, and he stared down at me.

"So it's official huh?"

Smiling at him, I gave a little nod.

"I guess it is."

Leaning over he kissed my cheek, and I moved my arm wrapping it around him too. This feels right, being with Zach feels right. So I won't like Amanda do anything to change that.

Besides I'm his girlfriend now