His Rainbow

Its been a week since all that stuff happened at Zach's house. I've noticed that Zach has been acting different lately. I know he has a lot on his mind, but I just wish that he would talk to me about it. Sitting on the steps outside the school, Zach didn't come today. But he promised to pick me up after school. I am really worried about him, I know hr is great at putting up this emotionless facade, but I know something is wrong.

I also want to know more about what he said to Amanda. I just don't know when is it a good time to ask. A gust of wind soon blew and tossed my hair in my face. The doors behind me then opened, and I saw Alice come out. We made eye contact, before I turned my head back around. She moved sitting down beside me, and it was silent between us for a while.

"Waiting for Zach?"

"Yeah."

"How is he?"

Glancing back at her, a frown slowly formed on my face.

"Do you really care, you hate him right."

Persing her lips, she lowered her head.

"I don't hate him. I just hated how things went with my sister. You see she was never like this, until Zach came in the picture. So when she became so broken I blamed him. I knew it wasn't really his fault deep down, but I just didn't want to believe it. Because you know its my sister and I want to protect her, but I was wrong. I never thought how Zach felt in all this, but now I believe he was the one most hurt in the end."

Listening to her, I slowly squeezed my hands together.

"He's not OK. I can tell that by just looking at him, but I don't know what to do. He doesn't seem like he wants to talk about it, but I know he probably needs to."

She soon touched my arm, and I lifted my head staring at her.

"He's stubborn, but if he would open up to anyone I believe it's you."

Nodding my head, I gave her a little smile.

"So how is Amanda?"

"She's... Dealing I guess. I can't really say, she locked herself in her room for three days, and then said she needed help. She been talking to our parents, and I think they send her to stay with my Aunt. A new surroundings may be good for her."

Nodding my head, with everything that happened with Amanda, I can't say that I hate her. I kind of feel more sorry than anything. A car then pulled up, and Alice stood.

"Well see you Melissa."

"Bye."

Watching her drive off, I closed my eyes. Taking a few deep breaths, I heard a horn beep. Opening my eyes, I saw Zach parked in front. Smiling, I stood and walked down the steps to the car. Getting in, I dropped my bag, leaning over and pressing a kiss to his cheek.

"What was that for?"

"I just wanted to."

Putting on my seat belt, I leaned back and caught his lips twitch into a smile, before driving away. Maybe I can get him to open up to me a little.

It didn't take long for us to get to my house, but I soon saw that Zach's face had turned back to being emotionless. Frowning, it didn't seem like he was coming inside. Turning so I was looking at him, he raised an eyebrow.

"What's wrong?"

"Come inside, I want to talk to you."

He seemed like hesitated, before nodding his head. Cutting the car off, I saw that Dad was home. Walking around the car, I took Zach's hand and led him in the house.