Dinner part 2

Zach's mother was beautiful. She had long curly blonde hair, bright piercing blue eyes, and rosy cheeks. She wore a white blouse, and black dress pants. Zach and I slid into the booth, it was the one that went around in a kind of circle. It then became quiet with all of us, and I glanced down at the table, before looking back at Zach's mom. She was smiling looking at everyone, and I glanced to Tiff who was kind of in the middle with her boyfriend I think.

"Ok this is awkward."

Tiff ran a hand through her hair, before she turned to me, and motioned for me to come closer. Sliding a little over to her, she whispered in my ear.

"Zach won't speak to Mom first. He tends to act like a spoiled little kid when Mom is around, because she tends to always disappear and reappear on her own."

Leaning away, I stared at her shocked, before I glanced over at Zach. He was leaning on his hand, staring the other way. I've never seen Zach act spoil before, maybe I will see something interesting, and I smiled.

"Well since we all are here, I'll introduce you Mom."

Tiff started talking again, and I turned my attention to her.

"This here is my boyfriend William, Will baby this my Mom."

"It's a pleasure Ma'am."

I stared at William for a moment, he had jet black hair that was in a mohawk style, with dark brown eyes. He seemed to maybe be in his twenties or something.

"And the baby over there is my younger brother Zachary, and his girl friend, Melissa."

I kind of felt a jolt go through me when she said girl friend, and I glanced over at William. He smiled over at us, I noticed that when he smiled his eyes kind of crinkled at the end.

"It's nice to meet you too, Zachary, Melissa."

"Just call me Zach, it's nice to meet you William."

Zach was now turned toward us, and had his arm behind me. I gave William a nod to show I was agreeing as well, and I glanced at the table.

"Zachary, why didn't you tell me you were dating again."

I watched as Zach's mom gave a big smile, before she clapped her hands together.

"Maybe because your never home."

I heard him mumble under his breath, and I nudged him. Giving him a look, he sighed before bringing his attention back to his mom.

"Sorry we haven't been dating long."

Dating... Girlfriend... These words made my stomach feel like something was fluttering inside. Taking a deep breath, I lifted my head, and glanced at Zach. He looked down at me, and a smirk formed on his face, which made my cheeks burn for some odd reason.

"Melissa was it?"

Turning my attention to Zach's mom, I nod my head.

"Yes ma'am my name is Melissa King."

"Please tell me how you met Zachary."

He was leaning on her hands staring at me curious.

"Well actually I met Zach in school, he was tutoring me math."

"Tutoring, really?"

"Yes ma'am."

"Oh you don't have to be so polite Melissa."

"Um... Ok."

Man I was really nervous, biting my lower lip I started ringing my hands together. I was then bombarded with all these questions; like how do I like school, what was my family like, who confessed first, and all different kind of the stuff. The more questions she asked, the more nervous I was slowly becoming. I really wanted Zach's mom to like me, but these questions were getting harder to answer. I squeezed my hands under the table, until I felt Zach lay his hand over mine.