13: insecure

"Good morning, Haesoo."

Haesoo turned her head to the left and smiled when she realized that it was Sunghoon. He approached her with a few books on his arm, kept his eyes in the front while still following her steps, so he wouldn't leave her behind. Sunghoon took a glance at the girl next to him, silently adored the way she looks today. The way her hair bounce and the way her skin looks so flawless today made him feel so attracted to the girl.

"Sunghoon, why are you staring at me?" His thought was interrupted when she patted him on the shoulder. She chuckled to see him flinch, "Why are you so surprised?"

Sunghoon brushed his neck in embarrassment.
"There's something on your face." He made an excuse, so she would believe him. She opened the camera of her phone, looked at herself through the camera just to see if she does have something on her face. Sunghoon then smiled, poked her cheeks causing her to blankly look at him.

"Beep."

"Why is this door so chubby?" He poked her cheeks again.

Haesoo hardly hit him on his shoulder,
"Are you telling me that I'm getting fat?"

Sunghoon softly laughed, "I didn't mean that way."

"Your cheeks are chubby."

"I love it. I love chubby cheeks."

"If you were fat, I don't care about it at all."

"It's your body anyway."

"You still look pretty in both."

At the same time, Yedam and his friends approached both of them. Yedam heard their conversation and decided to tease Haesoo more.

"Haesoo, you don't understand, right?"

Haesoo waited for Yedam to speak,
"He is saying that you're fat."

Jisung and Hyuri laughed.

"What's wrong with being fat? It's just the toxic sociality that makes people feel so insecure about their look." Sunghoon spoke up.

Huuri just nodded, "Don't play with someone's insecurity."

"I don't," Sunghoon said nervously making others laugh. Yedam apologized to Haesoo about what he said to her but she ignored him, keep fastening her steps. She held her laugh when the guy became so nervous, deadly thinking that she was sulking over him when the truth is, she was just playing around.

Yedam ran towards Haesoo, keep calling and apologizing to her causing others to laugh. Haesoo ran too, and before she could stop, she suddenly fell on the ground making her skirts lift, exposing her thighs in front of other students who were walking through the street.

She looked at her friends who were anxiously running toward her and was surprised when she heard the sound of a camera nearby. She turned her head and lost her words after she caught a group of boys who were recording and taking a picture of her exposed part. She fixed her skirts and sighed when the cloth was tearing apart.

Sunghoon quickly took off his jacket, wrapped it around her waist after Hyuri helped her to stand up. Sunghoon and his friends didn't realize what the group of boys did to her. Before Haesoo could tell him about that, Sunghoon held her wrist and walked together to the classroom.

"What should I do? It tore apart." Haesoo mumbled to Hyuri, "It's okay. Let's just use his jacket. Don't let anyone see your exposed part."

Haesoo nodded.

"I want to go to the restroom for a while," Haesoo said to her friends, quickly went to the restroom while holding the jacket that was wrapped around her waist tightly.