18: you and him

⚠️⚠️ TW ⚠️⚠️
this chapter contains sensitive content that might be disturbing the reader.

~~

"I like you too, Sunghoon."

Sunghoon shook his head,
"Don't be in rush, Haesoo. I will give you more time to decide."

He continued, "Please, think of your feeling before telling me your choice."

Haesoo looked into his eyes,
"I fell in love with you for a long time ago, Sunghoon."

"But in this current situation, I decided to I like you as a friend."

"I have been feeling so unwell after everything happened at the night festival. I saw how men treated me and it left me traumatized."

"It's hard for me to believe in man anymore. I know you and my friends are great people, but I still need to think long and be careful."

"So, I would not leave any regret and hurt myself at the end. I don't want to face the thing I'm traumatized by."

"Sunghoon, you're a good man. I know, but can you let me think longer?"

"I'm sorry, Sunghoon."

Sunghoon nodded,
"I understand you, Haesoo. You don't need to apologize. You have the right to speak about your feeling. So, don't be sorry."

"Haesoo, I will help you to go through this."

"I will show you the beauty of life."

"I will show you that, a great and polite man still exists."

"It's hard for a woman to move on from the traumatized moment of their life, but they still need to man to lean their shoulder on. A man who is polite, gentle, and knows the right way to show their love."

"So, would you let me help you to go through this together?"

Haesoo smiled, "Thank you so much."

"Listen, Haesoo."

"I'm happy if you feel the same way as me."

"But if you fall in love with someone else."

"Don't be sorry for it. Tell me and I will be fine."

"Because it's your choice to choose the lover of your life."

Haesoo patted Sunghoon on the shoulder,

"Thank you so much for understanding me."

~~

The next day, Haesoo finally went to school after a few days of taking a break. She walked through the hallway with her head lowered down because she was so scared to bump into Yoonhyuk and his friends. Haesoo wanted to rest longer, but at the same time, she didn't want to study all of the lessons that she misses at one time. So, it's better to go to school and spend time with her friends who were good at her. Haesoo honestly doesn't feel good to be in school, especially when Sunghoon wasn't with her anymore.

Sunghoon was still in the school progression, so he wasn't allowed to go to the school. Glad that Yedam, Hyuri, and Jisung promised to protect her, she felt less worried.