19: give up

The rumor about Yoonhyuk and his friends getting arrested was spreading around the center. Everyone kept talking about it because they couldn't believe how bad Yoonhyuk was, meanwhile the teacher just shut their mouth as the director told them to.

After Yoonhyuk got arrested, Haesoo finally felt so safe and less worried. She didn't need to be anxious every time she went to school, didn't need to walk with her glued to the floor, and stuck herself to her friends all the time anymore.

Thanks to her friends, they saved her.

Haesoo took the glass of water from Sunghoon and drank it in one shot as her throat was so dry after shouting too much. She lay on the couch, decided to take asleep because she was so exhausted. Sunghoon and her friends were skipping school for her. Yedam and Hyuri went to the kitchen, cooked some meals for late-night dinner meanwhile Jisung and Sunghoon took care of Haesoo who was in the living room.

"I'm sorry for burdening all of you."

Jisung shook his head, "You don't need to be sorry. We are friends, right?"

"Let's eat," Yedam spoke happily. Haesoo chuckled, went to the dinner table, and sat next to Sunghoon.

Sunghoon stood up, added foods to her plate before serving for himself. Everyone started to eat their meals, meanwhile, Sunghoon still took care of Haesoo, like she was his girlfriend. Yedam and Jisung held their laughter as their eyes met. Even though Sunghoon never told his feeling for Haesoo to his friends, they already knew that he has a deep crush on the girl just by watching how he treated her.

"Tell me if you want more."

Haesoo smiled at Sunghoon.

"Sunghoon, you're so brave." Sunghoon ate his meal and titled his head to Hyuri, waiting for her to continue.

"You weren't allowed to go to school, right? How did you get into the building?"

Sunghoon chuckled, "I don't care. I know that I'm not wrong. Why should I listen to them?"

"I bet, they would let me go to school after the news about Yoonhyuk spread around the school."

Yedam added, "They would bow to you and apologize."

Jisung laughed, "Apologies for creating a fish sound."

"How to make a fish sound, Haesoo?"

Haesoo gasped, randomly answered.

"Blurp blurp."

They laughed at her answer. Haesoo lowered her head in embarrassment and pinched her head as she found herself so stupid for the random answer. Sunghoon laughed the most. He reached his hand to her, patted her head gently.

"Dummy."

He spontaneously said making Haesoo's smile slowly fade away as someone
crossed her mind.

"Why, Haesoo? Don't you like the nickname? I'm sorry, I just found it cute."

Haesoo immediately shook her head and smiled,
"Don't be sorry. I'm just zoning out for a while."

"Oh, Haesoo," Jisung spoke up.

"Did you talk to Jay?"

Sunghoon shifted his gaze to Jisung.

Haesoo replied in confusion.
"Why...?"

"Jay was the one who saved you earlier. I think you should text him and tell him that you're thankful for him."

Yedam added, "He fought with Selim to take the key to the door. He was the one who got into the classroom. He was the one who called the police."

"Jiyoon told me that." Haesoo looked at Sunghoon, hoping for confirmation.