3.

chapter three

chapter three.

A loud bang rings through the Glade as the walls finally close in front of us. After the bang finishes, silence engulfs us and the crowd around us. The only sound that's prominent is my heavy breathing from the anxiety attack I had just endured.

"Next time, I'm gonna let you leave." Eyebrows speaks, turning away from us and leaving the group. I hear footsteps leave the area as he does, and soon it's just the two of us and Newt. I decide not to turn around and face Newt since I know I'm about to get yelled at, and instead clear my throat and look down at my feet. We're standing in awkward silence before I decide to speak up.

"Well.. that's my cue to leave." I say, turning in the direction of the boy. I give him a small smile before taking off in a light jog. From what I can remember, I've always liked running. I decide that I'll have a run around the Glade to have at least a small bit of normalcy in my life, so I do. First though, I head to the Homestead so I can change into some active wear, at least from what I've been given. Once I reach the building, I zoom up the stairs and into my room, hoping Newt won't come and catch me. As I look at my clothes, I realize what I have on right now is really the best thing I can run in, besides the shoes. I'm not really sure why they gave me tennis shoes, but I'll take them. I quickly slip out of my boots and into the shoes then run back downstairs and out of the building and thankfully Newt isn't around.

As I'm outside, I look around and decide to go right. As I run around, I get lost in my thoughts. I don't remember anything from before the Glade.. at all. Maybe I will eventually? I don't even know what I look like besides that I have bleach blonde hair. I don't know if a had a sibling, friends, or even a boyfriend. Maybe Newt was part of my past life? I mean we do both have blonde hair and a British accent, but that could all just be a coincidence. I did remember my name by looking at him though.. no it had to have been the timing. But Eyebrows said I shouldn't remember my name this early. All this thinking made my running speed up incredibly, and I didn't notice what was in front of me before I crashed into it.. or him. As soon as I do, I take a few steps back and see Newt. God dangit.

"Sorry.." I mutter before trying to go around him. Before I successfully do so however, he holds an arm out to block me.

"No." He says, holding my shoulder. I groan before looking up at him, this feeling normal for some reason.

"What?" I huff, crossing my arms.

"I thought you weren't going to cause any drama." He states while also crossing his arms, mirroring my stance.

"I didn't." I shrug. "Eyebrows came over and threw the guy into me."

"His name's Gally, first of all." He says, trying not to laugh at me calling him Eyebrows. "And second of all, that wouldn't have happened if you didn't go over to the opening."