13.

chapter thirteen

chapter thirteen.

The whole Glade looks down in confusion at her, much like they did me, before Thomas shoves through everyone and is now next to me. As people mutter out of confusion, I look at her. She looks dead.

"I think she's dead." Newt breathes. As soon as he does, I see something white in her hand that is clenched in a fist.

"What's in her hand?" I question, my voice coming out slightly raspy. More mumbles come from the crowd as I stare into the box. Newt carefully climbs over her and opens her fist to reveal a piece of paper rolled up into a cylinder. He quickly takes it and unfolds it to reveal writing. She's the last one. Ever. As I read, Newt says the same words out loud to the crowd around us.

"What the hell does that mean?" The blonde scrunches his face up in confusion. Suddenly, a gasping breath comes from the girl and her eyes snap open. Her ocean eyes quickly focus on mine before she talks.

"Thomas." She gasps, before passing out again. My eyebrows furrow more as I turn to look at the boy next to me, so does the entire Glade. He lifts his head up as he looks around just as confused as the rest of us.

"You think I'm still overreacting?" Gally scoffs. I then look back to the girl and I swear I know her from somewhere. Maybe she's from the building in my dream as well? Maybe we all are... including Will. As the crowd disperses, I stay frozen in place as I remember Will from my dream. What if he's here?"

"Caro!" I hear Newt yell, breaking me from my trance. My fixation on the ground breaks as he does so. "Are you okay?"

"Uh- yeah." I stutter. "Is there anyone named Will here?"

"No, why?" He asks, his face twisting in confusion.

"N- no reason." I say. Before he can say anything else, Clint calls us over. He tells us we can go check on Alby and the girl with Thomas and Minho, and I immediately make my way over to the Homestead where the Med-jack room it. It's actually right down from my room, which may come in handy. As I reach the building, Minho and Thomas meet me at the door, Newt right behind me. We stop for a quick second to let Newt catch up before heading inside and immediately upstairs. As we walk, the pain in the small of my back emerges, but I'll just deal with it later. We finish the small walk down the creaky hall before making it to the room and open the door, a squeak making its way to our ears. As soon as we walk inside the room, I see Alby tied to the bed with restraints.

"Jeff.. what's going on?" Newt breathes. We then spot the girl over in the corner so we walk over to her as well. "What's the matter with her? Why won't she wake up?"

"Hey man, I got my job the same as you did." Jeff explains which makes me furrow my brows. What does that even mean? My eyes then lay on the girl who is laying curled up on a small bed. I recognize her but I don't know what from, nor do I know her name.