12.

chapter twelve

chapter twelve.

"HOLY SHIT!" I yell until I hit the ground. Hard. I immediately start coughing like crazy before I look over to see Thomas with wide eyes and mouth hung open. His chocolate eys are focused on something in front of us, and I look over to see the Griever caught in the ivy that I was previously falling from. We look to each other, both with scared emotion, before scrambling off the ground and continuing to run. We finally make it down the small hallway we were previously in and stop. I waste no time before acknowledging the pain in my back. I clench my jaw before placing a hand on the small of my back where it was. I feel a small cut and gasp. Did I just get Stung? Thomas looks over at me in concern before I hear a voice.

"Hey." I hear to the left of Thomas, which causes the both of us to scream. I look around the brunette to see Minho at his side. "You guys are some different type of crazy."

"Gee, thanks." I breathe before the Griever screeches and starts to find it's way out of the ivy trap.

"Okay, come on, follow me. Come on!" Minho shouts over the monster before making us run again. We immediately take off down a path and the smell of oil from the Griever finally leaves my nostrils for what feels like forever. As we continue down the hallway, rumbling echoes through the Maze, causing the three of us to look up. "Okay, it's changing. It's changing. Come on, come on, come on. This section's closing." As he shouts those three words, the walls in front of us start to close, mirroring the entry walls. I follow Minho immediately, running through the closing walls. As I do so however, I notice Thomas isn't with us. I pause mid-way through and look back to where we came from. Thomas is still stood in place, looking to where we met up with the Runner moments prior.

"Thomas?" I question before we lock eyes. I look at him for a second before I realize what he's about to do. "No way I'm about to do this." As soon as those words leave my mouth, I run back to Thomas and start heading towards the Griever.

"Come on!" The two of us yell. I pause in my tracks, not wanting to get too close, as the monster starts advancing towards us. "Come on!"

As those two words leave our mouths, the Griever starts running. I then start running back to Thomas who knows what I'm doing, and we start running between the closing walls. Why did I do this? Minho is yelling at us through the walls as we keep moving towards him, but at a slower pace than usual so the Griever stays with us. As we get to around the middle of the passageway, the doors seem to speed up in closing speed, so it gets narrow, fast.

Once we notice this, we pick up our speed immensely. The Griever is too big to fit where we can, so we don't care about it staying on us. It's stuck no matter what.

"Move your asses! Okay, lets go. Come on!" Minho yells, which really isn't helping, to be honest. No offense. "Come on Greenies, lets go." The Runner continues to yell before we finally make it out, the Griever getting smashed between the walls. Sounds erupt from it, including screeches, screams, clangs, everything.