20.

chapter twenty

chapter twenty.

As our group runs outside, we get to see the absolute chaos as it spreads through the Glade. Some people are lighting torches, some are yelling, some are running, some are running around and yelling.

"Hey, Winston, what's going on?" Thomas asks from my right. I turn to see the boy running in our direction.

"It's the doors. They aren't closing." The shorter male explains before running around us and following a different group of boys. My face drops at the new information and I turn my head to see the opening, which is in fact, not closing. Thomas and I exchange a look and a small nod before sprinting off towards the doors, along with a few other boys. The rest of our group from Alby's room follows us, but Minho, Thomas, and I reach the doors first.

"That can't be good." I mutter before loud rumbling and crashing breaks the somewhat quiet Glade. Everyone in the small crowd covers their ears as pain comes along with the sound. I recover quickly as I hear loud rumbling come from behind me, and quickly spin my body around to see the doors opposite the normal doors opening as well, birds flying away from the area. My jaw drops slightly at the sight, I didn't even know this could happen. Once the sound from that pair of doors stops and everything silences, more rumbling ensues from our right, and I look over to see those walls opening. I check the clock on my watch, and it indicates Grievers should be coming out soon. My eyebrows furrow at the thought before the walls to the left of us come thundering open as well.

"Okay, Chuck. I want you to go to the Council Hall, okay?" Thomas orders from beside me, undoubtly thinking the same as me. "Start barracading the doors." The younger boy nods before he sets off towards the Meeting room and Newt starts ordering Winston to go along.

"Get the others." Gally starts, talking to other boys I have yet to know the names of. "Tell them to go to the forest, go hide. Now!"

"Minho." I state, now bouncing into action. "Please go and find every single weapon that you can. We need to be armed for this. We'll meet back at Council Hall."

"Let's go." Minho breathes as he rounds up two other males to go with him and search.

"Okay, Teresa." Thomas starts when he spins to the girl behind me. "You and I are gonna go get Alby, alright? Come on."

"GRIEVERS!"

That's all I hear being yelled through the grassy plain of the Glade, making me snap my body to the source of the sound, my hands already getting shaky at the thought of being face to face with another Griever. I see around five or six guys running from the open walls before I hear loud bellowing coming from the walls that we're closest to. I turn around again to face our space, and see two mechanical legs creeping around the corner. Once I see those, they triple in numbers before three Grievers come into view, racing towards us.