10.

chapter ten

chapter ten.

I'm in the Maze. Oh my god, I'm in the Maze. As the realization sets in, me thinking about what I did, I clench my jaw and look over to Minho and Alby. As I look at the Runner however, his focus is trained on something, or someone, behind me. I quickly spin around to see Thomas on the Maze floor, breathing heavier than I am. My face drops as I race over to him and pull him off the ground.

"Are you crazy!?" I yell, wrapping my hand around his wrist and squeezing it tightly. I kind of feel like a mother scolding her child.

"Are you crazy!?" He snaps back, trying to rip his wrist from my grip. I keep my iron grip on his though, I'm sure it'll leave a mark. "You ran in here first!"

"That didn't mean you should've followed me!" I shout.

"Congrats lovebirds." I hear from behind me. I spin around, still holding on to Thomas, to see Minho now kneeling and I take into account how exasperated he looks. "You guys just killed yourselves."

"W-what?" Thomas stutters as he pants to catch his breath. Minho collapses fully to a sitting position next to a still unconcious Alby so I drop my hold on the brunette and make my way over to him. I look at the boy for a little longer before Thomas heads over to Alby. That's when I get a good look at him. He has a huge bleeding gash in his forehead that would only heal with Clint's help. "What happened to him?"

"What does it look like?" Minho scoffs, his breathing starting to even out. "He got Stung." My face drops as I see the Sting. We can't lose him. Not now. Not ever.

"What happened to his head?" I mutter, examining the gash.

"I did what I had to do." The Runner sighs. So he knocked him out. Great. Suddenly, screeching fills our ears as it echoes through the Maze. Grievers... or the Maze is changing. Oh god.

"Uh. Okay, alright. Help me get him up." Thomas says before starting to grab Alby's ankles to lift him.

"We gotta go." Minho breathes. Then he starts to limp away with tiredness. "The Maze is already changing."

"Uh, Minho." I start. "We can't just leave him here. He's going to die."

Minho stops walking for a second before turning around to face us, yet stays silent. I tilt my head at the boy and raise my eyebrows slightly before he lets out a loud breath and moves to help us. Once he kneels down, we start trying to situate Alby between the three of us.

It takes what feels like twenty minutes, when in reality it was probably about five, we finally have it figured out. To be honest, I hate how we ended up, but I couldn't do anything about it no matter how hard I tried. I'm walking behind the boys as Alby's body is hanging loosely between the two, one arm around each of the boys shoulders and his legs being carried with one in Minho's hand and one in Thomas'. I would be helping but they refused to let me help when I asked. As we stagger through the Maze on high alert, panting and grunts come from the boys.