19.

chapter nineteen

chapter nineteen.

"Give me the key. Give me the key!" Minho orders, holding his hands open. I do so, throwing the cylinder to him. He catches it easily and puts it in his small pocket on the back of his vest before we start running out of the hall we were just in, the walls already starting to close.

"Alright. Move, move move!" Thomas shouts over the noises. We easily make it through the runway, but then we're presented with another issue. All of the Blades are closing.

"We gotta go. We gotta go now!" I yell, taking off running immediately. "Run! We're gonna get trapped!" The three of us then start sprinting at top speed through the Blades, which could crush us immediately. The boys let out grunts and yells as I'm in between them and we jump through closing Blades. Minho runs through a Blade before we can, and we get stuck on the other side, me crashing into the metal wall on accident. I brush it off quickly before catching up to Thomas, us booking it so we don't get stuck on this side. Thomas takes the side closer to the closing walls, and he catches up enough to an opening, leaving me on this side. My mind immediately starts freaking out, thinking about what could happen if I get stuck, alone, on this side. I then push my body to my absolute limits, almost tripping over my own feet. My heart is pounding so hard, I swore it would beat out of my chest. The line of closing Blades is almost done for before I somehow make myself move faster, jumping through the last opening of the line. I jump into Thomas who catches me as we continue running, my breathing becoming harder and harder to keep under control.

"Keep going, keep going! Let's go!" Minho yells as my feet keep pounding on the cement, making them start to ache. We get to an opening and we book it until the ground starts shaking and rocks start shooting up into the air, forming a perfect line in the ground, making all of us stop. Suddenly, the floor shoots up from the ground in front of us, making me gasp. They open fully to reveal a large metal structure being held up on the wall in front of us. Cracking comes from it and the latches break, which were holding it up. The metal starts falling almost immediately and all three of us yell simultaneously.

"Go, go, go, go. RUN!"

The boys are ever-so-slightly in front of me and hardly make it, and I can literally feel the fragment touch my heel as I narrowly escape it. That makes the ground shake even more and I almost lose my footing at it. I make myself continue though, and more of the cement under us starts to rise and Thomas risks looking back to see if I'm okay. I would smile if I wasn't currently running for my life, yet again.

"Come on! Don't look back!" Minho yells, directed more to Thomas. As I get closer to the boys, the floor under me starts rising and I take in a deep breath, pushing myself to my limits again. More and more destruction follows us as I feel more and more happening under my feet. Once we finally reach the end of this one hallway, a huge fragment of the wall falls, almost on me again, and I feel it almost hit my heels.