30.

|Now I know why you told me to be strong. You knew one day I'd need the strength to bear your loss| 

Sometimes life works in strange fascinating ways, sometimes it's like everything in life is made as a cruel sick joke. It toys with you and everything that you have, as if ready to laugh at you. Life was such a fragile thing, ready to change at any point and time. 

Steve stared at the blonde girl before him, the one who was taken away from him far too soon. Sarah, his lovely beautiful daughter who had an entire life ahead of her was here, she was back. Natasha will be so happy. He did it. 

He watched as she slowly lifted her head took a look around. Tony eyed steve carefully as he took a gentle step towards her. She looked at him with wide worried eyes, Steve could see the fear radiating off of the young girl, he slowed his pace. 

"Sarah? Do you remember what happened?" He asked gently. He heard Sam's phone ring, it scared Sarah a little. Steve assumed Sam left when Sarah's eyes went back onto him. 

"What happened?" 

"What was the last thing you remember?" He asked her. The girl placed a hand on her head as if trying to think. Memories were coming back slowly. She shut her eyes tightly as if a pain came when she thought about it. 

"I don't know mom and I were cooking I guess," Steve frowned. He couldn't remember the last time Natasha and Sarah cooked together. Sarah didn't particularly like cooking all too much. If anything Steve did most of the cooking. 

"Sarah-" 

"Why do you keep calling talking to me like I am a child!" She got frustrated. She didn't understand anything that was going on and she hated how her father was acting. Steve sighed not knowing what to do. Steve looked at Tony who still had a pissed-off look on his face. Before he could say anything to Tony, Sam came running back in. 

"We have to get back to the hospital," Sam said, tears were threatening to fall from his face. Steve frowned, he didn't want to rush Sarah right now. 

"Sam we can't-" 

"Steve we have to." Sam insisted. "It's Nat." All color was lost from his face, he nodded his head. He had to see her.

|~|

Steve left Sarah on the Quinjet with Tony, who yelled at him the entire ride back. Called him stupid and an idiot. But Steve didn't care. He was a father who lost a child. Now his child, who was asleep in the jet, was back. He could fix his family. He did exactly what he told Natasha he would do. 

He and Sam made their way up to the hospital floor and he walked in and his heart dropped. Everyone was crying, he frowned, what happened? He looked over at Maria, who was being held by Bucky, Wanda holding her hand. He knew it had to be bad if Maria was in tears. Steve walked over to them. 

"What the hell is going on?" He demanded. He couldn't see his wife anywhere, had something happened to James he thought. Maria looked up at him, by now because of Tony's message to the team about Steve and Sam's plan, they all knew what he did. They didn't know about Sarah, but they knew about him messing with the stones. 

"Where have you been!" She yelled. "I called you several times!" She was angry, no pissed off, at this man. His wife was dead and he was nowhere to be seen. She would kill him herself if she wasn't so sad. 

"I did it, Maria!" Steve said. "I did it!" He completely forgot to ask why they were all crying. Maria frowned at him. 

"What are you talking about." She sighed. "If you are about to go off about those damn stones-" 

"I got Sarah back!" He said, everyone, stopped their tears to look up at him.