17.

Morgan sat in her room staring at the wall before her. Yesterday's meeting with Torunn and James had affected her more then she would have thought. After Torunn had told her about James, she couldn't get it off her mind. She could have been lying right? She had to! James never would do something like that.

She finished the night off with James and Torunn, who was acting as if nothing had happened and then rushed home. She could barely look James in the eyes when he said goodbye. Torunn's words were ringing in her ear all night.

Even the next day that's all she could think about. She had to cancel training because she couldn't pull herself together. Torunn had really affected her. She has to be wrong. In what world would James Grant Rogers kill his sister? The sister he loves and adores... well as much as you can love and adore a sibling when they weren't fighting all the time. No James wouldn't.

But if that was true why couldn't she let this go?

There was a small knock on her room door, Morgan looked away from her wall to see her dad walking in. Tony smiled at her.
"Your mother is calling you down for dinner. Has been for a while and I'd come down if I was you."

"Oh sorry I was just thinking." She sighed.

"Dangerous business." He commented. "Why don't you come down here and tell me all about it."

"It's not something I can really talk about dad," She commented walking over to the door of her room.

"Why not?" He asked as they began walking down the stairs. "you know you can talk to me."

"I know dad, it's just I don't know how to come about it," she admitted.

"Come about what?" Pepper asked.

"Morgan has a secrete," Tony answered before his daughter could say anything.

"A secrete? Why are you keeping secrets?" Pepper asked. "Come sit down and you can tell me all about you secrete."

"Mom it's called a secrete for a reason," Morgan responded with a slight frown as she went to go sit down at the table. Pepper had prepared pasta and salad for dinner today. Pepper made sure to always cook for her kids, she didn't want them ordering take out, as their father so often did when it was just them at home.

"Come on it's just us," Pepper said with an encouraging smile. "Who's gonna spill it?" Morgan shot a look over at Elliot who was bored eating his food. "Please he's not even aware he's eating dinner at the moment."

"Mom I can't tell you. Cause i know you guys are going to make a big deal about it and that's something I really don't need right now."

"Does anyone else know about your secret?" Tony asked.

"One other person." She responded filling her salad bowl with a small scoop of salad, she was really losing her appetite.

"Did that person ask you not to tell anyone?" She asked.

"Well, I guess not. We really didn't get a chance afterward to talk about it. She kinda just told me and we had to move on."

"well, like your parents, it's our job to make sure you are safe at all times, meaning nothing is harming you physically or mentally, it would make us bad parents if we didn't take the chance to ask you what exactly is bothering you." Tony attempted to explain.

"What your father means is that you should tell us what's bothering you so we can help."

"No offense guys, but I don't think this is something you guys can help with."