7.

It has been a week, and all devices were officially complete, it took a day for each device for each kid. They would be own as a necklace of a sort, each kid had a different color that corresponds to their powers. These would protect them until they learned to control their powers from the help of their parents. 

They were not going to start training right away, because there was something they needed to get back to. School.  

The kids had not seen each other since they received their bracelets because their parents dragged them home in an attempt of getting back to normal. Besides, if Natasha didn't get her kids home soon she was going to lose it. 

"Mom. Mom, I am fine I don't need to go to bed," James said as his mother glared at him for coming downstairs. 

"James I don't need you falling down the stairs and creating a James shaped hole in the floor." She said. "Back to bed. If you need anything you have a phone. Text me, call me." 

"I think you are overreacting," James said and Steve made a face as he ate his sandwich and shook his head. 

"I am what?" She asked. James decided it was best he stayed quiet. "No come on, tell me." 

"I um," He looked at his father who was shaking his head, he was behind Natasha so she couldn't see him. Or so he thought. 

"I'd stop it right now Rogers," She said not taking her eyes off of James. "Come on tell me what I am doing." 

"I just think that I am not dying, that I am actually fine." He said and pulled the necklace out of his shirt where it rested on his chest. "This is keeping me, safe mom, meaning I can't get hurt. Besides I have to do something I have to go back to school tomorrow." 

"I just don't want you getting hurt, I wouldn't be able to...maybe you should stay home tomorrow, you don't think you're moving a little too fast?" 

"I am going to be fine mom," he said. "Trust me, if anyone can master this whole power thing," He put his arm on the counter beside him causing some stuff to fall over, he stumbled trying to catch it all, luckily for him Natasha had quick reflexes. "It's me," he finished with a sigh. 

"James sometimes I am very concerned about you." She admitted shaking her head. 

"Love you too mom." He smiled. 

"You and your father are way too much alike." 

"Hey! Should I be taking offense to that?" Steve asked from the table he sat at. 

"Don't worry Dad, if anything I should be the one taking offense to it, now you should be honored, being compared to me is just a complete honor!" He said. "Now if you'd excuse me I have way too much homework to catch up!" 

"You had a long time to do it," Steve frowned. 

"No, I had a long time to procrastinate." he corrected. "Be glad I am actually doing it." With that, he walked away, and Steve stood up and walked to his wife who was watching her teenager walk up the stairs, almost tripping on his way up. 

"He'll be fine," he said wrapping his arms around her, Natasha leaned back and put her head on Steve's chest. 

"I know I just can't help but worry," she sighed. 

"And that's what makes you a good mother," He said kissing her neck slightly. 

"Steve the kids are home," She mumbled, feeling him smile as he continued the assault of kisses. "If you aren't gonna stop I suggest we take this to our room."