13.

"So how was school guys?" It was the next day and the Roger family was sitting down for some quality dinner, while Natasha did her daily interrogation of her children to make sure they are doing okay. 

"School is the most hellish place on Earth," Sarah answered. "Teachers don't really care about what they are doing, and kids my grade are just idiots" 

"So you had a good day then?" Natasha smiled.

"You know mother your idea of good and my idea of good are two completely different things," she said. "But on brighter news, I got this," She pulled a necklace out of her sweater. "Isn't it pretty," 

"Wait a minute that's real gold," Natasha said as Sarah handed the necklace to her. "This is more expensive than anything your father has ever given to me!" 

"Hey I get you nice gifts," Steve defended. "you loved your wedding ring." 

"I didn't say I didn't love it," Natasha said. "I am just saying this necklace is expensive." Steve frowned and looked at Sarah. 

"Sarah, what did we tell you about accepting gifts from Elliot?" Steve said.

"You said it was wrong and I could no longer accept them." She answered not fazed at all. 

"So why do you have this?" He asked. 

"Dad you said not to accept things from Elliot, well this isn't from Elliot." She said. 

"How many people are in love with you? I honestly don't know how they could see around your oh so charming personality." James rolled his eyes. 

"Don't hate because I'm better than you James," She shook her head. "Not everyone can be as fabulous as me," 

"Sarah where did you get this from?" Steve pressed stopping the argument from erupting from the two siblings. 

"Hugh gave it to me, said it's the necklace of love, I think his father gave it to his mother or something like that, he asked me to wear it." She said. 

"This is Maria's?" Natasha asked holding it up. "Sam has nice taste." 

"I have nice taste too!" Steve said before sighing. "You have to return it Sarah you can't keep it." 

"Why not? It was a gift." 

"It's just like the beach house that Elliot tried giving to you, it's wrong." 

"Dad it makes them happy giving me gifts, do you want me to end their happiness." 

"Yes." 

"That's just wrong." Sarah shook her head. 

"I will call Maria and she can bring Hugh over, I am almost sure Maria doesn't know he took this." Natasha sighed. "A shame though it's a beautiful necklace." 

"Natasha," Steve said. "Don't get it in her mind that she can keep it." 

"I was not, I was simply commenting." She defended. "You have a stick up your-" 

"NAT!" Steve said stopping her before she could finish. 

"What? Oh my gosh, Steve, I was going to say butt. Geez, you have zero chill." 

"Please never say chill again mom," James shook his head. "You are way too old to be talking like that." 

"Did you just call me old?" Natasha questioned. "I am NOT old." She shook her head mumbling. 

"So how was your day James?" Steve asked moving on to a much calmer topic. 

"It was okay I guess, nothing really happened." He shrugged casually. "I wish something would happen, I am losing my mind just a bit."