Possessive Sal x Reader (pt.13)

I LOVE READING YOUR COMMENTS, BUT SOME OF YOU ALL NEED SLEEP 💀 anyway stay hydrated besties 🤸✨

I'm currently sitting in History class, watching the video of African American children being mauled by dogs that they showed us every year in elementary for Black History month. I always had a hard time not closing my eyes and covering my ears as their screams and singing rang in my ears and blood filled my vision. Love that for our education system. I sighed and shuddered as the screen changed to a clip of kids being beaten, still smiling and singing over the police sirens and under their batons.

The documentary was paused a moment later, as the bell was about to ring. I packed up my stuff and waited by the door for my boyfriend, who was approaching and talking to Larry.

"...Yeah, I get that it's for our education, but should they really be making the sixth graders at NFMS watch that? Seems a little weird to me, dude," Larry said.

"I don't know. It didn't bother me," Sal shrugged.

"You're the kind (I meant king, but I thought this was funny, so I'm leaving it lol) of unbothered. God, actually."

"Larry, everyone at my old elementary school had to watch that every February. Even the kindergarteners," I chimed in.

"You were dissociated the whole time, bro. Sounds like a trauma response to me," he raised his eyebrows. 

"Fair enough," I nodded. "Anyway, I'll see ya later."

He waved and as soon as he did, Sal closed the distance between us where Larry was standing seconds ago. I held his hand in mine and kissed his bruised knuckles. He watched me from the corner of his eye, but I pretended not to notice.

The rest of the day dragged on slowly, as it usually does when your classes are boring. When it was finally over, I raced Sal to the front of the building. But even when we had made it off the school property, he kept running.

"Sal! Why are you... still running?!" I panted, trying to keep up. 

"Why not," he laughed and slowed down to a walk, barely breathing hard.

"When are you working out? Jeez, man," I groaned and matched his pace.

"Whenever I'm not with you or sleeping," he grinned and held my hand. We talked about random things for a while, until we were nearly back at the Addison Apartments.

"Wanna come over and do homework?" I asked.

"I wanna come over, but I don't wanna do homework," Sal pouted.

"Alright, then what do you wanna do?" I smiled.

"You. Again," he lifted his prosthetic to show me he was smirking and winked.

"Shut up," I scowled, face red, and playfully shoved him.

"Tch, that's bold coming from you," he shoved me back.

"What does that mean?"

"It means you're better at listening than commanding. I thought we established that when we were at my house. Also, you're blushing," he continued watching me with a cheeky grin still on his face.

"Yeah, 'cause it's cold!" I fibbed.

"You can't lie to me," Sal smirked.

"Why haven't you shut up yet?"

"Because I tell you what to do, not the other way around," the blue-haired boy stopped walking to lift my chin and looked down at me with raised brows and half closed eyes from under his mask.

"But I could," I argued, purely out of spite, and continued walking.

"Ha! Wanna bet?" my boyfriend followed close behind and pulled off my backpack after dropping his own on the grass.